News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

sigh

The forum is SUPER slow for me here in the UK. It took ages just to log in that I actually thought it had frozen.

Gryzor

Still, sometimes it's very slow, sometimes it's fast as normal. Really can't find what's wrong, everything seems to be running fine server side.

At this moment I'm looking into upgrading the server and starting from scratch with an up-to-date OS...

reidrac

For me currently, on top of being slow, it times out often. I retry and ends loading, but again... very slow.

(happens when posting too, which is even worse)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Maniac

Quote from: reidrac on 09:04, 04 October 23For me currently, on top of being slow, it times out often. I retry and ends loading, but again... very slow.

I have the same issue on and off. Seems very random and sporadic.

eto

Quote from: reidrac on 09:04, 04 October 23For me currently, on top of being slow, it times out often. I retry and ends loading, but again... very slow.

Indeed. At the moment it is crucial to copy the whole comment before posting in case there is a timeout.

norecess464

I'm bouncing back on the (randomly) slow access of the forum website..  ... this is really, really annoying.

I know @Gryzor you investigated and you weren't able to find an immediate culprit, please let us know how we can help.
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Gryzor

Well yes, you can help, please look after my kid and go to the doctors for me :D

Yeah, I apologise. I know it's been a long time, but it's been a really rough patch in my life unfortunately...

On the other hand, the new server has been set up. Probably won't dockerize for the time being to save some time, but we need to copy the data over and test if things work without much tuning.

Seems that the old server just can't handle things any more...

Apologies, again.

norecess464

Cool, there is a plan on-going, wonderful. No stress @Gryzor . We will be waiting (literally, loll)
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Gryzor

Hehe😄

No, there's definitely a plan, just going slowly. 

norecess464

Hoho, I'm wondering @Gryzor if you finally fixed the issue? First day in months it's running 100% fine for me. ;)

Gryzor

Quote from: norecess464 on 20:07, 24 October 23Hoho, I'm wondering @Gryzor if you finally fixed the issue? First day in months it's running 100% fine for me. ;)
Yeah, I fixed it right after I finished Sonic on my GX! 😂

No such luck I'm afraid. I did tinker a bit this morning (apologies to those I kicked out when I accidentally rebooted), but I think any change is coincidental... 

norecess464

OK, weird... at least, I'm letting you know about the "good" behavior I'm experiencing right now.

Gryzor

Yeah, appreciated 😊

Just try not to breathe too heavily when using the forum, you know, kind like a ZX mem pack precaution 

dodogildo

@Gryzor the forum is running quite fast thank you. BTW are you planning to make the forum TAPATALK compatible again? I'm sure it would boost the mobile user activity significantly.
M'enfin!

Gryzor

Hm, yeah, maybe I'll try it. No idea what it'll cause though, so prepare for a bumpy ride :D

Gryzor

So yeah, tried to install Tapatalk and it's a no-go. The Tapatalk installation script has a bug that prevents it from being installed and Tapatalk doesn't look like it's doing much about it despite it having been reported quite some time ago...  :picard:

poulette73

For about 2 days, in my case, the forum has been working perfectly every time I log in.  ;)

All pages are displayed instantly, sending PM messages, previewing a message, etc.

Thanks @Gryzor  !!  👍

Gryzor

Thanks for the confirmation. I still see some hiccups here and there but it's much better indeed. 

reidrac

Sorry to say that things are back to being slow with timeouts.

Although sometimes it works OK for my whole visit to the site, it is more miss than hit!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

eto

same here (no complaint, just fyi that it's not just one person)

norecess464

Same here. It worked super well for the last ~1.5/2 months I would say and then, it restarted to be problematic few days ago.

SkulleateR

Quote from: norecess464 on 16:04, 16 December 23Same here. It worked super well for the last ~1.5/2 months I would say and then, it restarted to be problematic few days ago.
Here too ... and it's also not device related, got the same "slowness" on various machines (macbook, smartphone, PC, etc.) :(

norecess464

Just for curiosity, I deactivated all my browser extensions and it made the same result. The issue seems to be really server-side.

SerErris

Tried different browsers and even tablet - all the same very unstable performance. Sometimes very fast, sometimes not responding and running into an not responding error.

This is everywhere - in uploading pictures, or in clicking on the "Alert" icon on top. Sometime it loads fast - next second it stalls.
Proud owner of 2 Schneider CPC 464, 1 Schneider CPC 6128, GT65 and lots of books
Still learning all the details on how things work.

Gryzor

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply - my little one was sick for a few days and then it was his birthday, so I didn't have much time...

Though I *was* monitoring the server and it does this even on a very light load. If it's the same as last time then they may have changed something again with the way the certificates work; though it seems to be running fine now for me.