News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Because it is obvious the settings have to be applied everywhere. Else, why using them. ;D
I will restore them by default to have the same display for all the forum sections.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Not really, homepage is more crammed so the need is more obvious there. 

Gryzor

Dark theme drastically tweaked. Palette is much better now, though by no means perfect.

TotO

The problems with the Dark Theme, are:
- The cpcwiki logo is not really visible
- The forum no more looks cpcwiki

I just hope that will be user select, to not use it. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Animalgril987

@Gryzor I LIKE the Default Dark theme!

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 16:09, 17 March 23The problems with the Dark Theme, are:
- The cpcwiki logo is not really visible
- The forum no more looks cpcwiki

I just hope that will be user select, to not use it. :)
What theme have you chosen in your profile? 

Carnivius

I'm rather liking all the blues. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 05:36, 19 March 23What theme have you chosen in your profile?
Nothing, as you have said it was automatic. Nice to know the user has to chose the theme into the profile as previously. :)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 10:09, 19 March 23
Quote from: Gryzor on 05:36, 19 March 23What theme have you chosen in your profile?
Nothing, as you have said it was automatic. Nice to know the user has to chose the theme into the profile as previously. :)
Go into your profile, Look and Layout, and check which skin you're using. It should be the default one, which is light. The Dark one (Default_Dark) is an optional one...

TotO

Sure, I have the default theme and it is perfect like that. (the Dark Theme was not optional two days ago)

Gryzor

Yeah, the Dark Theme was implemented on Friday I think. 

But wait, does this mean that with the default theme you see the dark one?

Gryzor

Quote from: VincentGR on 11:45, 19 March 23As for the notifications, see here:

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/cpcwiki-discussion/fix-no-email-notifications-after-the-update/msg213100/#msg213100

It happened again.
Thanks for the link to the previous discussion. I took a look and there's no setting to revert - seems like quite a bug!

For some reason some of my threads are still set to receive emails, while most don't. Go figure.

VincentGR

Yesterday I did the same procedure as when I posted the link.
It was indeed mixed settings.
Today was fine, it kept the settings I did yesterday,

Gryzor

Yeah, I think it happens with the update... 

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:46, 19 March 23But wait, does this mean that with the default theme you see the dark one?
Previously I saw the Dark Theme by default (when you have tested it). Since, I see the standard theme by default.

I really dislike when some website set the theme acordly to the OS setting. It is not because an user prefer to have black windows an menu that he want to see everything dark. ;D

Gryzor

Same here. I like my Windows black, but not my sites. 

eto

would it be possible to deactivate the embedded Avatars when @mentioning someone?

Not sure how others see it, but I think it's quite irritating and makes it harder to read.

Gryzor

It's either on or off for everyone, if anyone else want to chime in I'll gladly deactivate it.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: eto on 11:56, 20 March 23would it be possible to deactivate the embedded Avatars when @mentioning someone?

Not sure how others see it, but I think it's quite irritating and makes it harder to read.

What he says :D

Shaun M. Neary

Love the dark theme. Much more modern. :) 
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ZbyniuR

How to choose dark theme?

Edit:
Ok, I found. NICE. :D
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

TotO

There is again no more link to visit the wiki page from the forum. ;D

The CPC Wiki icon should obviously return to CPC Wiki portal.
The Home button and the "CPC Wiki forum" link already goto the forum root.

Gryzor

I think the logo should return to the forum page because people, I think, consider the two a little separate. But I'll add a button for the wiki itself! 

TotO

If the user click on the Wiki icon to return to the forum, it is because the link doesn't return to the Wiki.
Probably, the reason is that previously no visible buttons have this function. Today, there are two ways. ;)