News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Issues with the forum

Started by Gryzor, 11:33, 04 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Whatever people decide, I'm fine with it🙂

TotO

Hey! The icon is over the forum and show the Wiki logo... A design issue?
That is not what people decide but what you are imposing to them. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Fair point. But every link can be changed one way or the other... 

JonB

Not sure it's reported yet, but when I go to the forum home page I don't see the forums, just a couple of lists of recent threads. Is it a setting I wonder (in my profile)?

Gryzor

Quote from: JonB on 13:44, 02 April 23Not sure it's reported yet, but when I go to the forum home page I don't see the forums, just a couple of lists of recent threads. Is it a setting I wonder (in my profile)?
You mean the boards list. It's on the left! 

Maniac

Quote from: TotO on 10:11, 02 April 23There is again no more link to visit the wiki page from the forum. ;D

The CPC Wiki icon should obviously return to CPC Wiki portal.
The Home button and the "CPC Wiki forum" link already goto the forum root.
I tend to agreed with @TotO to be fair. That's what I'd expect to happen.

eto

Quote from: JonB on 13:44, 02 April 23Not sure it's reported yet, but when I go to the forum home page I don't see the forums, just a couple of lists of recent threads. Is it a setting I wonder (in my profile)?
You can define where the list of boards appears with these icons:
You cannot view this attachment.

It's not obvious and in my case the list appeared all of a sudden on the right. 
(and the same icon is there twice)

Gryzor

Ok, changed the logo to go to the Wiki instead. Code has changed since the last time I did it, so if we establish I didn't break anything I'll apply the change to the dark theme as well.

TotO

Pleasantly surprised by testing "to see" two minutes ago. So here I am to thank you! 8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 11:11, 03 April 23Pleasantly surprised by testing "to see" two minutes ago. So here I am to thank you! 8)
Wow, I don't know whether to feel appreciated by your thanks or worthless by your surprise😁

TotO

I love when things are logical and well achieved. :-*

Gryzor

Then you must be surprised often😜

TotO

Hehe. May be that will increase the visits or the usage of the wiki. ;D

Gryzor

Then perhaps I'll add another button when posting they goes to the wiki and have it randomly switch places with the Post button😁

pelrun

Knowing some of the past quirks of the forum, you might not even have to do anything to make that happen! :D

Gryzor

Quirks? What quirks!

reidrac

I have found that the front page of the forum won't load randomly (I think I have only experienced it at the front page, at least).

Well, it loads an empty page. If I reload, it eventually works. Sometimes first time, sometimes it needs more attempts.

Just FYI.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

eto

Quote from: reidrac on 08:55, 27 May 23I have found that the front page of the forum won't load randomly (I think I have only experienced it at the front page, at least).

Well, it loads an empty page. If I reload, it eventually works. Sometimes first time, sometimes it needs more attempts.

Just FYI.

I can confirm that this happens since 2 days or so. After a (few) reload(s) it always works.

Just right now: after 3 reloads, it worked again

Gryzor

Damn error 500...

Anyhow, I haven't seen it myself. I'll restart services tomorrow morning when people are asleep... 

poulette73

Same problem since yesterday, can't connect to CPCWiki.
Now it's ok. 👌

poulette73

Again yesterday evening (Saturday) and late in the night : the site was down.

Gryzor

At some point it took a long time to reboot -indeed the site was down for several minutes. Other than that, only the forum throws 500 errors randomly which I'm trying to debug... 

poulette73

Yes to be more precise, I was talking about the forum  :)

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:00, 28 May 23At some point it took a long time to reboot -indeed the site was down for several minutes. Other than that, only the forum throws 500 errors randomly which I'm trying to debug...

we need an AI to fix the forum... but beware, later the AI may become an administrator and kick us all out, who knows.  :P  :P
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

SkulleateR

Quote from: reidrac on 08:55, 27 May 23I have found that the front page of the forum won't load randomly (I think I have only experienced it at the front page, at least).

Just FYI.
Still happening here :(