News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

My First Wiki Entry! Hurrah!

Started by Spirantho, 12:53, 24 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirantho

I've just finished my very first entry in the cpcwiki.

Would someone mind taking a look and seeing if I've done it right?
The game is Zombi  (Zombi - CPCWiki - The Ultimate Amstrad CPC Community & Encyclopedia!).
Thanks for any advice or feedback!
Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

steve

Looks good but the link to cpcgamesreviews.com is broken.
Also, you do not mention the 464 version.

MacDeath

Oh, I will inquisit this page...
you know, it's a french game and also the first product ever made by the now MegaCorpo Ubi soft...

yeah, their first game was a CPC one and now they are world leader.... go France go !

Post Edit :

Ok, sorry i don't have time ATM but stuff you could/should improuve...

=very First UBISOFT product : the CPC zombi...

as a result, most other versions were ported from the CPC version, and their gameplay/inteface was upgraded while it wasn't on CPC...

Speccy version has a better interface per exemple...

"Hurlement" game is a spinoff from the game's engine. yet more Werewolves themed.
(interface is better though)

=what ? you don't even cite Romero films on Zombies ? night of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead...er... sort of.

his game is a non official adaptation of i don't know which one movie of the "of the Dead" series...
You know, at this time, you didn't really have to pay to get franchise over low underground Z movies...

Nowadays it would be different if UBIsoft did a "pirate" adaptation from a well known Franchise, Romero could even ask them for millions...

Anyway, welcome aboard again, Draconid man... (according to your flag, you're a Dragonkin I guess...)

Re-post edit : ok, i edited your page a little bit.
Hope you won't mind me screwing with your page. ;)

I also added french flag in languages... because you know, French peoples are like that. :D

Gryzor

Ooh, great start. Thanks!! And  a big welcome as a contributor :)

MiguelSky

Spirantho

Thank you all. Looking quite a nice page now with your help.
I want to get more games on the wiki, especially the disks, as they seem to be quite little represented on there compared to the cassettes. I figured Zombi would be a good place to start as it's an interesting box with the comic and stuff.
Incidentally, the download link on one of the linked sites is all in French, my version is in English. Has it been dumped already in this form? I've dumped my copy already if it should anyone....
Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

MugUK

Is there a list of 'scans missing'?  I used to do the odd bit of scanning for Atari Legend.... back when I owned approx. 1300 Atari ST originals (all sold off now, except a few unboxed ones).  I've got a book scanner and a document scanner that could do with having the dust removed :)

I love poking (and peeking) around files.  I used to write saved-game editors on the Atari ST (and Amiga) using GFA BASIC, so looking forward to having some fun with my 6128 :)

MacDeath

zombi &copy ubi soft (1986)

"fichiers" means "files from dumped versions that happen to be downloadable"... sort of.

anyway if you new some translations or informations from french sites I may help.

Quoteespecially the disks, as they seem to be quite little represented on there compared to the cassettes.
Because you know... Spanish are major contributors... and their CPCs were 472 with only 64K and tape drive. :P

not worse than britons, who only had ZX spectrums with Tapes. ;D

/troll

anyway i should spend some time on a Defender of the Crown page.

CPC Rulez • Consulter le sujet - Defender of the Crown CPC+
We managed to get the original team to release the sources.

MiguelSky

Quote from: Spirantho on 22:25, 24 March 12my version is in English. Has it been dumped already in this form? I've dumped my copy already if it should anyone...
It seems English version wasn't dumped yet !! Great if you have one :)

Spirantho

Not a problem. I'm the maintainer of the Catweasel drivers for AmigaOS 4, so I put as many format in as possible - including 3" formats for Spectrum and Amstrad. Hence I make a habit of dumping anything unusual straight away, and as I'm a reseller (not because I don't want to keep everything but if I didn't sell anything I'd have no room to move). At least this way I may have to sell the stuff I want, but at least I get to help with preserving it, and I can still play it later by writing the disk back (technically piracy but I don't think Ubi Soft are going to care too much, somehow).

Where do I send the dumped DSK images?
Ian Gledhill

Gryzor

@Spirantho: indeed, games are underpresented in the wiki. I've discussed this before, it would be nice to have a complete database, and I think it's the biggest thing missing. So any effort is really appreciated, and I'll help you as much as I can.

@MugUK: 1300 games? By god...

MugUK

I've got 50 or so cassette games that could be scanned in quite easily if that helps get the games section going?
I love poking (and peeking) around files.  I used to write saved-game editors on the Atari ST (and Amiga) using GFA BASIC, so looking forward to having some fun with my 6128 :)

steve

When you can buy a DVD with between 3600 and 12000? games on it, we really only need descriptions, screenshots, cheats and reviews/recommendations in the Wiki.

Gryzor

I think he means the covers/inlays and manuals??

MugUK

Quote from: steve on 16:09, 25 March 12
When you can buy a DVD with between 3600 and 12000? games on it, we really only need descriptions, screenshots, cheats and reviews/recommendations in the Wiki.

That's one I've bought from someone on here via their eBay account.  Does it contain the scans of the cassette inlays etc?

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:23, 25 March 12
I think he means the covers/inlays and manuals??

Yep, that's what I was referring to.  I got a load with the 464 I bought the other week. If they've not yet been scanned, I'll scan them in.

Spirantho

Quote from: steve on 16:09, 25 March 12

I think that should be the minimum, yes. But it's much better if we preserve all the inlays. Anyway, I'll bet those DVDs contain all sorts of copies and variations that were never commercially available.
Plus maybe it's just me, but a game without the inlay and instructions just isn't quite the same...

Anyway, if the WorldOfSpectrum.org can do it, why can't we? :)

Edit: Just added The Fifth Quadrant by Bubble Bus. 2 down, 11998 to go!
Ian Gledhill

Gryzor

MacDeath

QuoteGalactic Survey Vessel ORION is on a mission to map and explore the Hercules Cluster. The crew put themsleves into Sustained Low Energy Expenditure Process for the intergalactic crossing, during which ORION is taken over by aliens - ZIMEN. When the crew re-energise, they find many of the ship's systems and computers have been terminated or reprogrammed in an alien language. Can the crew regain control of ORION?
hey, sounds like a prequel to ORION PRIME...