News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

June 26 1984 cpc 464 was born

Started by cpc4eva, 15:21, 02 June 14

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

i heard on Xyphoe's trantor video he was planning some special vids for the 30 years of amstrad / cpc 464.

i was wondering if the cpcwiki was doing anything for the 30 years of cpc ?

Border_7

Raised a good point there...
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Gryzor

For want of free time due to a work project I'm not doing anything, personally... I tried to think of something and a couple of ideas I had some time ago kind of floundered due to a lack of support, so...

But if you can think of anything please do share.

cpc4eva

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:08, 03 June 14
For want of free time due to a work project I'm not doing anything, personally... I tried to think of something and a couple of ideas I had some time ago kind of floundered due to a lack of support, so...

But if you can think of anything please do share.

what kind of ideas did u have please share ?

maybe the wiki can do a short youtube video ?

maybe some users could do a special 30 year demo ?

maybe ysers could write a special story of their cpc memories - perhaps they might want to write a long essay or maybe some fun things ?

maybe people could post some 30 year of cpc artwork ?

maybe some new 30 year avatars ?

Carnivius

June?   And we're in June now?   Dang.  Won't be enough time to do what I now feel like doing.  Oh well, maybe I do it anyways.  30th anniversary with products last all year, right?   It's just personal anniversaries that are for the one day only.   So like a wedding anniversay is just celebrated on the actual day but this year is also 30th anniversaries of things like Transformers and Ghostbusters and they have a lot of merchandise and toys out to celebrate and you ain't expected to buy all of them in one day.   :P
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

cpc4eva

thats true it should be a year long thing to enable everyone to enjoy it more..... ;D

dragon

To u.k people :P  There is no record of any newscast or newspaper of the day alan sugar present the cpcto the people?.

I always read that was presented in Westminster School but but thas all,I've never seen pictures or videos of that day.

Border_7

Quote from: Carnivac on 19:26, 03 June 14
June?   And we're in June now?   Dang.  Won't be enough time to do what I now feel like doing.  Oh well, maybe I do it anyways.  30th anniversary with products last all year, right?   It's just personal anniversaries that are for the one day only.   So like a wedding anniversay is just celebrated on the actual day but this year is also 30th anniversaries of things like Transformers and Ghostbusters and they have a lot of merchandise and toys out to celebrate and you ain't expected to buy all of them in one day.   :P

Oh yeah - Ghostbusters !!.... and these:

Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
Beverly Hills Cop
Nightmare on Elm St
The Terminator
Gremlins
Dune
Never Ending Story
Romancing the Stone
Conan the barbarian

and there's mention of the Apple release in main stream media...  :(
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Carnivius

I thnk it's safe to say that 1984 was a pretty awesome year.   ;)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

AMSDOS

Has anyone read the book - 1984 by George Orwell?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Bryce

Yes, had to read it in school. It doesn't mention Amstrad in the book :D

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 12:12, 05 June 14
Yes, had to read it in school. It doesn't mention Amstrad in the book :D

Bryce.

Well perhaps hold that thought on the Amstrad for a moment, when I ask has that book being turned into an Adventure Game?  :D  Seems to be absent on CPC-Power, though it might work as an text adventure, perhaps it's been written in a different variation to throw anyone off the scent.  :D

Your Computer Programs

Bryce

I think you'll find that INGSOC removed the game and all mentions of its existance from the internet.
Writing a new version would annoy members of the inner party and result in disciplinary measures being taken against you.
Please return to your Prole Sector and continue being content... Or else!

:D

Bryce.

beaker

I'm probably being thick but what is actually so important about a 30th anniversary? Do they go as mad in Countries like Japan when their machines reach 30 or have they exported all of them to Europe and the US by that point?

steve

Quote from: dragon on 23:46, 04 June 14
To u.k people :P  There is no record of any newscast or newspaper of the day alan sugar present the cpcto the people?.

I always read that was presented in Westminster School but but thas all,I've never seen pictures or videos of that day.

This is the only report that I know of. http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:ACU840809-006.jpg

AMSDOS

I only remember going to a Computer Show with my folks in the city and coming across the Amstrad then, I don't know when that was, but before the 664/6128 came out. My Dad was looking for computers before that, but wasn't happy with the idea Computers going into the TV set, so when the 464 came out with Green Screen at a nice price decided to get it.  :D

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

Quote from: steve on 23:18, 05 June 14
This is the only report that I know of. http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:ACU840809-006.jpg

I wonder if these kids in the photo still have those sweatshirts :D