News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Error Uploading Attachments

Started by Fessor, 18:53, 19 January 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Fessor

QuoteSorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again
Get this Errormessage if i try to Post a Reply with Attachments. The Message sends me back to the post. I can then edit the Message and Remove the attachments but the "Post"-Button refuses to work...Don't know  why i got this Message because none of the previous Posts had Attachments with this Filenames.

BLEdit090.zip
unmodifiedSource190120.zip
Screenshot_20200119_080347.png

GUNHED

Well, somebody else used the names before, it's a pain. And when I upload in the German forum and post a link here, it gets moved to the Hall of Shame. Solution: Try to rename the files. And yes, it take time...  :(
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Gryzor

Can you email me the files so I can check? Will send you a pm...

Fessor

Hi,gmail blocked them.Put them into one Archive

Gryzor

Well, what probably happened was that your initial post failed for some reason but the files were uploaded, so when the system tried to upload them again the filenames were already there... So indeed do try renaming them, that would probably be the easiest.

Fessor

Ok, gmail then blocked the mail completely.
The error message of the software was unfortunately too generic and did not specify a file name. I almost suspected that they were all orphaned on the server, because I wanted to edit the files individually to a post afterwards and every time I got the error message. It seemed very unlikely that someone would have uploaded a screenshot with the same timestamp

Thanks for your help

Gryzor

Yes, I did notice the filenames - no way someone else had uploaded the same ones. As I said, they were probably uploaded, the post failed and then the system was finding them already there... Rather buggy, I know. I also see in the error logs you tried to reup them multiple times and of course they failed each time, which makes sense.