News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Modifying text in PM's?

Started by sigh, 01:48, 12 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

sigh

Hello,
For someone like myself who isn't always careful when they type, is there a way to modify PM's when you send them, similar to how you can modify posts in the forum? A lot of my text end up being reformatted in a way that wasn't in the original, such as sentences being bunched together, or pictures uploaded in between words.

roudoudou

Quote from: sigh on 01:48, 12 February 20
Hello,
For someone like myself who isn't always careful when they type, is there a way to modify PM's when you send them, similar to how you can modify posts in the forum? A lot of my text end up being reformatted in a way that wasn't in the original, such as sentences being bunched together, or pictures uploaded in between words.
yeah, the message editor for the whole forum is buggy  :-X :'( :( >:(
every post in every thread i have to edit again and again to avoid this weird behaviour...
best tricks i found:
- always use 2 carriage return before a new line
- copy-past what i want from a text editor to avoid forum editor to ruins everything

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Gryzor

PMs that have been sent cannot be edited, and that makes sense of course...

The editor screws up (a known issue for many years unfortunately...) when you paste something into it and it freaks out with regards to formatting, but other than that it's not that bad. No idea about images within text, please tell me more!

sigh

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:58, 12 February 20
PMs that have been sent cannot be edited, and that makes sense of course...
True!
Quote from: Gryzor on 09:58, 12 February 20
No idea about images within text, please tell me more!
I sent a PM regarding a graphic and animation question and I inserted the image on a new line by itself as I always do. But after I sent it, it put the picture between the sentences of what was typed.

roudoudou

Quote from: sigh on 10:19, 12 February 20
True!I sent a PM regarding a graphic and animation question and I inserted the image on a new line by itself as I always do. But after I sent it, it put the picture between the sentences of what was typed.
i guess when there was only one CR between "objects" and the editor cut it. That's why you can't EDIT/SAVE a post doing no modification without losing text presentation
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

TotO

I do copy/paste (without style) and chose Preview first to adjust the final layout before using the Post button.  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

AMSDOS

I was on another forum :o where it had appeared someone had sent me something, though because I was a long time gone, it looked as if the message was retracted (withdrawn), so don't know who sent it or what it was, just wondered if that could happen or if it was more likely an old Cookie I'd picked up telling me of some activity, when it wasn't the case.  :'(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Bugs happen; sometimes counters are not correct or up to date (the system offers an option to specifically counter wrong counters, as a matter of fact). But no, you can't take it back or edit it AFAIK, it's like email.