News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Nationality?

Started by Ygdrazil, 17:13, 05 December 06

Previous topic - Next topic

What nationality are you?

British
French
Greek
Norwegian
Spanish
German
Italian
Danish
Finish
Polish
Other
Australian
New Zealand

Ygdrazil

Hi everybody..

What are your nationality  ;D

Lets make a survey! Maybe this forum has a voting facility! (Gryzor ;-))
Some people thinks that the CPCWIKI is "killing" the "local" CPC communities!
How do people think about this?

Does French, Spanish, German etc. people feel left out because the CPCWIKI is in English?

By the way i am from Norway!

robcfg

Well I have Spanish and German nationalities and as you can see I have a fair knowledge of english.

I guess we could host translations of the articles in other languages, but I prefer to have all the possible information in english because it is the "lingua franca" today.

BTW,  does your nickname refer to the tree where the nine worlds of the nordic mythology hang from? (I love nordic mythology  :D)

Gryzor

Well, I'm Greek. The CPC was very popular here, quite certainly THE most popular 8-bit computer.

Concerning your comment about killing the local communities: do you have a link to any discussion? Is there really a complaint out there?

While I can appreciate the notion behind it, it's simply not true... Indeed the Wiki's language is English, and I insist on the first language being English because it reached many more, but other versions on an existing language are more than welcome!

Cheers
Gryzor

Gryzor

By the way, Poll added. There's an option, "Add Poll", to the bottom of threads... Any other nationalities??

Cheers
Gryzor

Ygdrazil

There is a thread about this subject at cpc-forever site.

http://www.cpc-forever.com/index.php?module=pnForum&func=viewtopic&topic=555&start=15#pid3498

It is in German. My German skills are not the best, but I think thats what the discussion is about!

Ygdrazil

Gryzor

Ohhh got to try to translate it... thanks so much for the heads-up!

Cheers
Gryzor

demoniak

Hello All !

I'm French.

CPCLER

HEY!

Dane here!  ;D

/cpcler

Prodatron

And here is someone from Germany  ;D
This poll is quite interesting I think, maybe we should announce it on the CPCWikis main page??

CU,
Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Gryzor

Why not? It's totally open, ain't it? If we gather enough votes we could add a small box on the front page with the results...

Cheers
Gryzor

Russkie

Hi all, 1 Australian here, who loves his CPC, but has very little technical knowledge, so probably can't contribute much.

Gryzor

Welcome, mate... I added 'Australian' to the poll, you can change your vote to that - sorry I missed that!!!

Also, no need to be technical - you could write on anything you know something about or like - be it a game, or a memory, anything at all!

Cheers
Gryzor

Match Day

Greetings!

Hate to be pedantic old chap, but you need to change the "English" option to "British".

British is the proper nationality for people in England, Wales and Scotland.

I'm from Scotland. I voted other, since there's no option for British. :)

It's all good though. Great to be among fans of the computer I wasted(?) countless childhood hours on back in the 80's  ;D

Gryzor

How right you are... Silly me! I remember when I was living in Wales (Cardiff), my mom kept sending me parcels addressed to England since we tend to confuse the nation for the empire (yikes). I kept telling her, "mom, someday they'll use your parcels to burn my appartment!" :)

Welcome - feel free to change your vote to British!

Cheers
Gryzor

Match Day

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:10, 22 December 06
How right you are... Silly me! I remember when I was living in Wales (Cardiff), my mom kept sending me parcels addressed to England since we tend to confuse the nation for the empire (yikes). I kept telling her, "mom, someday they'll use your parcels to burn my appartment!" :)

Welcome - feel free to change your vote to British!

Cheers
Gryzor

Yeah, I'm surprised you got the parcels.  :D I moved to the U.S. five years ago and I am constantly explaining the difference between England, Britain and the United Kingdom. I can see how it could be confusing for outsiders though.

ASiC

Hello to all cpc fans!

I'm Greek. We need one more Greek person to win Germany! Anybody else out there?  :D

Gryzor

Oohhh kalws hr8es mate! :)

Cpcmaniaco

Hello everybody.

Well, I am from Madrid, Spain.

Still many of my Cpc-friends of Madrid are not here but when they do it probably we win to the rest.

Like Deepfb, Transformer, Mochilote, etc..

I hope if some CPC-persons visit Madrid tell me to see us, OK.

CPC forever.

ASiC

Kalws sas vrhka, all of you!  :D

cpcmaniaco> In March, I might be in Valencia for Las Fallas. Maybe I can come to Madrid to meet you all!

Gryzor

Darn - almost made it to a CPC meeting in Madrid a few weeks back, but something (actually, a career opportunity) came up... :(

robcfg

Hey! I also live in Madrid, so anyone feel free to send me a pm to meet and have some nice time  ;D

kangaroo

Quote from: Match Day on 08:31, 22 December 06
I'm from Scotland. I voted other, since there's no option for British. :)

I will alltime remember this nice magnet on my moms fridge, telling me "keep scotland tidy, throw your rubbish to england" ...

PulkoMandy

Match Day

Quote from: kangaroo on 11:48, 02 January 07
I will alltime remember this nice magnet on my moms fridge, telling me "keep scotland tidy, throw your rubbish to england" ...

Some people would say we did that with Tony Blair and Gordon Brown  ;D