News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Scroll Bar Randomly Disappears

Started by EgoTrip, 14:37, 18 January 22

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Sometimes the scroll bar on the right disappears. I don't know why, it seems random.

I am using Google Chrome Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon 5.0.7

Gryzor

Ughhhhhh I have absolutely never experienced this :(

Double F11 still works with Chrome? Is this the only site? If you press Space does it scroll down? Scrollbar flags in Chrome flags?

eto

Quote from: EgoTrip on 14:37, 18 January 22Sometimes the scroll bar on the right disappears. I don't know why, it seems random.

Isn't that the normal Chrome behaviour? I have the same here and on every other webpage that scrolls. Since gestures and mouse wheels are normal for me, I rarely miss the scroll bar.

EgoTrip

It still scrolls down if I select text at the top and drag down when the scroll bar disappears. I am on a laptop so a mouse wheel unfortunately is non-existent.

I will post more information next time it happens regarding what you said.

Gryzor

Space or dragging with two fingers?

eto

Quote from: EgoTrip on 15:57, 18 January 22I am on a laptop so a mouse wheel unfortunately is non-existent.

Scroll with two fingers on touchpad?
Use cursor up/down?
Space bar to scroll down?

Gryzor

EgoTrip

I've just had it happen again. This same thing happens on other websites too so I think it is a Chrome issue. The usual tricks work to view the page, dragging down, using keys or simply refreshing the page and the scroll bar reappears.

Gryzor