News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Somewhat interesting...

Started by Gryzor, 08:42, 04 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Just got this notification from Google:

Notice of European data protection law removal from Google Search

Due to a request under the data protection law in Europe, Google can no longer show one or more pages from your site in Google Search results. This only affects responses to some search queries for names or other personal identifiers that might appear on your pages. Only results on versions of Google's search results for countries applying European data protection law are affected. No action is required from you.

blahblahblah,

Here are the affected URL(s):
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/imgs/2/27/CPC_Magazin_1986-12_%28missing_pages_125-128%29.pdf

As I said, mildly interesting.

zhulien

Perhaps missing pages are copyrighted, like the song with a minute of silence.

https://edition.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/23/uk.silence/

Strident

It'll be a "right to be forgotten" request.
8-Bit Adventure Gamer / 8bitAG.com - 8bitAG.com/info - 8bitAG.com/games

reidrac

Interesting, indeed!

Someone's name on that PDF and they have asked to be removed from Google search?

Or just a false positive? Google's bots/algorithms have a long history on that.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Gryzor

I don't think it's a false positive thing because AFAIK Right to Be Forgotten requests are reviewed manually... Someone must have taken direct action for the result we saw.

zhulien

I reckon someone should make a book of missing pages with a cover record with a minute of silence played backwards.

Gryzor

I guess that would be considered a remix and therefore derivative work, no? :D