News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Suggestions for Scene Members

Started by AMSDOS, 11:22, 13 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

I saw this Scene Members page a few weeks ago and just wondered if some of the regular dynamos of Type-ins be included in that group? Personally I feel Sean McManus has contributed a lot and still continues to support (wasn't sure if he has been included under a nickname - never known Sean to have one), also contributed his programs to PD scene. But the other ones which also come to mind are Shabaz Yousaf and David Hall, which also demonstrated how they could contribute an above average program to Type-ins or 10-Liners! Just a pity you don't hear from those guys these days! (or at least I don't know what their upto  :-[ )
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Hm, interesting proposal... I guess that type-ins is not the first thing that comes to mind when you talk about the 'scene' (first rule of the scene: you don't talk about the scene), but I also think it's rather obvious they should be in there...

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:34, 14 August 10
Hm, interesting proposal... I guess that type-ins is not the first thing that comes to mind when you talk about the 'scene' (first rule of the scene: you don't talk about the scene), but I also think it's rather obvious they should be in there...
I think some of the better known contributors of type-ins should be included on CPCWiki, along with a list of their contributions. I would like to contribute articles for Black System (Luc and Hervé Guillaume) and Claude Le Moullec - two of the best known French type-in authors - and I have scanned articles from Micro Mag magazine, which includes their photos. However, I just don't have the time to write the CPCWiki articles and research all their (very numerous) contributions to French magazines! :(

AMSDOS

Sadly I'm not well acquainted with the French scene, no doubt they would have exploited all the extremes possible for their typeins, though I could only say it's unfamiliar, I don't speak French too well either! :(

For the ones I do know from the UK, I could add some of their background if I had it & Type-Ins. Would be tricky for myself to know when they started contributing Type-Ins though. David Hall for instance contributed to ACU, 10 Liners & Listings, AA in the Type Ins (think I first noticed some of his programs in AA50 Nov 1989, though before that I'm not sure), and I think he even had a Type-In contributed to CPC Attack before they disappeared. His last programs I recall were in AA104 which were Helloween and Space Storm 3. The earliest stuff I recall from him is Catch & Valentine from March 1989 issue of ACU in the 10 Liners I think, though if anyone knows of any earlier David Hall programs it would be good to know, and also if he contributed to other CPC Magazines as well.  :-[
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:34, 14 August 10

Sssssst! Don't talk about the scxxx  8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Nich, well, you could add a very basic article and attach the scans from the magazine. Even in french, it's much better than nothing...