News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Supporters/Developers membergroups

Started by Gryzor, 08:46, 30 March 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Some of you may have seen it - there's a 'supporter' member group. This started for people who donated, but since donations are not accepted now we may as well expand it to those who actively contribute to the project. So if you think you'd like to belong to that group, or would like to nominate someone else, give me a call :)

It doesn't entitle you to anything special, just the tag in your profile infobox - although, maybe, if the need arose, there could be a closed sub-forum for discussions...

Also, after reading Loic's message today, I thought maybe we could also have a Developer membergroup to honor the few that still give us such pleasures? What's your opinion?

Cheers
Gryzor

Bryce

Technically, we're almost all supporters here (at least the regular visitors). The supporter group made sense for donators, but does it make sense otherwise? It's like having special group in a swimming club, for those who get wet.

Bryce.

Edit: I know I've asked this before, but... What's a spider? (in the users online section, not the 8 legged creatures!)

Gryzor

Yes, but some swim better, faster, do nice dives or simply wear skimpy bathing suits or go topless. Don't they deserve something more? :D

A Spider is a program made by search engines that is sent out to the web and crawls the sites, indexing content. So when you see something of this sort it means that a search engine is reading the page right now. Spiders are usually (though not always, which is a bad practice) counted separately in stats. I could turn it off and they would not appear here, but it's somewhat interesting :) For instance, there's a spider here right now and the log reads:

QuoteGoogle  (66.249.65.84)     10:54:19     Viewing the topic Country flags in profile.

Bryce

Cool. You learn something new every day. Yes, leave it there, that is quite interesting.

Bryce.