News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Talkita chrome extension

Started by Gryzor, 12:28, 24 December 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

...is a very nice extension for Chrome that allows you to chat with users who happen to be on the same site you're on. So, for those of us who use Chrome, we could try installing it and maybe test a chat :)

redbox

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:28, 24 December 10
...is a very nice extension for Chrome that allows you to chat with users who happen to be on the same site you're on. So, for those of us who use Chrome, we could try installing it and maybe test a chat :)

That's kinda scary.

Have you read the T&Cs?

Gryzor

redbox

Well it's just sounds a bit "cookies track your browsing history" type of stuff.

Gryzor

All Chrome extensions have some designations that always sound very intrusive, like "tracking all sites data", "browsing history" and such... doesn't mean a thing, really, so people rely on community feedback instead...

redbox

Ah yes... it does sound like an interesting concept but I'm just very wary of Google after their recent behaviour, and all their new software always comes with a price it seems.

I still don't use Chrome because of this.  Infact, I'm considering SeaMonkey as they appear to be the only ones without an ulterior motive!

Gryzor

Hmm? What recent behavior and what price?

If not Chrome, then Opera...

redbox

Quote from: Gryzor on 22:19, 24 December 10
Hmm? What recent behavior and what price?

Well the Streetview and Wifi scandal hasn't exactly helped their reputation!

And their desire to create an OS is a bit troubling too.

Gryzor

Why creating an OS is troubling is beyond my understanding (ben loving my Android phone, btw), but the Streetview and Wifi issues have been discussed and analysed. Streetview is a bit of non-issue IMO; the wifi thing was more stupidity than malice...

norecess

I personally use and enjoy Chrome, being the fastest browser I ever used.

Ps. I used Firefox for 3 years on both Mac and PC.

Ghost

Like Norecess i use chrome. Before i was a firefox user. Chrome is really the fastest and i don't think i'll come back on firefox or other.