News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

More filetypes. Where to config?

Started by kangaroo, 11:07, 02 January 07

Previous topic - Next topic

kangaroo

Hi.. as i am very soon will close/restrict the FTP-Server on ftp.cmo.de cause of problems with bandwith and copyright laws, i wanted to upload a few files to the wiki to have them directly bounded with the article (as i did with the Music from Prehistorik 2 for example).

So i think i want more filetypes like .128, .sng, .bin, .dsk to upload things directly.

Also i have changed the server-settings to accept uploads with 20 MBs instead of 2 MB. So uploading of huge files shall not be that big problem at all.

If you tell me where (in those thousands of files) of the wiki i can configure that, i will do it on my own :-)

Gryzor

Hello mate!

Welcome to the forum (but why not send me an email or PM me? You got all my details :) )

The settings that define allowed filetypes are in LocalSettings.php in the root folder . The problem is that although I've opened it to many filetypes these are not always accepted (maybe unless you're an admin - haven't verified that).

I just added the filetypes you requested (dsk was already there), drop me a line to tell me if it works...

Maybe if we get indeed moved to a server with a better OS I can upgrade to the latest version of Mediawiki and sort some problems out...

Cheers
Gryzor

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:57, 02 January 07
Maybe if we get indeed moved to a server with a better OS I can upgrade to the latest version of Mediawiki and sort some problems out...

Cheers
Gryzor

This is the oldest thread I've found, so why not reactivate it with a nice post. But I'm coming offtopic... back to topic...

A better OS is always a good idea. Which one could it be? CP/M 2.2 63 K from Dobbertin? Or CP/M Plus? XD-DOS with CPC-Booster Network support?

BTW: Which OS is running at the moment?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE)  .

I have no idea why I was talking about OS and MW versions back then, to tell you the truth... probably some feature could be configured easily on a Windows or Linux machine or something...

TFM

Guess, you've choosen the right OS for a stable environment  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus