News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

TotO screens

Started by TotO, 19:35, 15 November 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Just two fast mockups for fun...
First with scanline rasters. Second with more simple GA interrupt rasters.

[attachimg=1] [attachimg=2]

If you like the idea, you are welcome to improve them.  8) 
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 20:35, 18 May 16
Just a fast mock-up for fun...

[attachimg=1]

If you like the idea, you are welcome to improve it.  8)

Just love the colours...

TotO

But something strange... Some colours was wrong.  :-\ 
So, I have just uploaded it again with few changes!

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

It look that game map is formated with 32x16 chars screens.
The C64 and CPC version have duplicated tiles on edges... So, I have removed them to match with the HUD width.
Here a screen with GA interrupts only and minors changes.  ;D

[attachimg=1]

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Some old mockups (2012) ...

TotO

And some cursed prototypes (2013) ...

Gryzor

Bloody beautiful. Congrats!

VincentGR

Really amazing!

Hwikaa

Wow! TotO, your 'cursed prototype' looks insanely amazing!

Carnivius

Those Cursed Castilla (good game that. I have it on PS4 and enjoy it way more than the Ghouls n Ghosts type of stuff that inspired it)  pics have 32 colours.  Mainly spotted it cos there's several shades of grey when the CPC only has the one. :o And mixing resolutions on the status panel.  What were these shots for?  A rough idea of how the game might look on CPC?  Though scrolling would be an issue especially at that screen size.
The Defender of the Crown pics look nicely refined and I like how that character screen is very cleverly mixing resolutions seamlessly. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TotO

Thank you.  :-* 

@Carnivius: Yes, about DotC!  ;)

We (Easter Egg) had been licensed in 2013 to port Maldita Castilla on CPC and have worked on a prototype version for the CTC-AY CPC cartridge system, but cancelled (finaly born the X-MEM + PlayCity). The display engine with many compiled sprites and some other things was done (using embedded cartridge ROM/RAM and save features for all CPC). Those mock-ups was the goal to reach, has we done with R-Type in example (but should be not final palette, you are right). Mixing HUD is by changing display mode on the same line and about scrolling and sprites, I can't explain it.

Here, some other things (WIP) not lost...

Carnivius

Oh those look nice. :)
Yeah I think i have seen that mixing resolutions on same line in a recent demo come to think of it.  Not sort of thing I expect in a game (much like some other demo trickery) but cool. :)

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

XeNoMoRPH

this graphics of the main character are in CPC or are they from a CPC +?

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

TotO

It is a first step conversion with 2bpp. The goal was to be used for CPC or PLUS after a pixel/colour rework.

jesusdelmas

Quote from: TotO on 15:20, 29 January 19
It is a first step conversion with 2bpp. The goal was to be used for CPC or PLUS after a pixel/colour rework.

Thats amazing! Any chance to see this project finished?

TotO

I doubt. It was >5 years ago. Except a "miracle".  ;D

jesusdelmas

Quote from: TotO on 21:29, 29 January 19
I doubt. It was >5 years ago. Except a "miracle".  ;D

Maybe if you try the new dandanator it will be easyer to develop the game.... and the miracle will happen, looks that you work a lot for it, it will be sad dont finish it :)

AHack

There's some impressive artwork here!

TotO

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 22:08, 29 January 19
Maybe if you try the new dandanator it will be easyer to develop the game....
Sadly, Dantanator do not help to develop the game easiest. It is "just" a rom board.
Maldita Castilla was designed for the CTC-AY or X-MEM + PlayCity as advanced features.

TotO

2016 teasing title screen for a Cybernoid II port on PLUS ...
And in-game background using Rhino's Perfect Pix (+ hard sprites) MODE 1 mock-up!

TotO

Without rasters visual...

robcfg

I think we all have to agree with Rhino and the Batman Group in that the CPC still has a lot of untapped potential.

Your screens look like a 16-bit game!  8)

TotO

I just do not remember about "how to" the red space ship is displayed ...  :-\
EDIT: OK, I remember it now!  ;D

Arnaud

Quote from: robcfg on 13:16, 22 June 19
I think we all have to agree with Rhino and the Batman Group in that the CPC still has a lot of untapped potential.

Your screens look like a 16-bit game!  8)

Which is the Amiga version ?  ;D

It's not so obvious.