News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Undumped software / manuals

Started by minwah, 13:36, 18 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

minwah

I have been going through some of my old software and have a few things which are not currently on the CPCWiki:

1) Brunning Software '100 Letters'. This is an optional supplimentary disc for use with Info-Script. Also have the manual for it. This is not mentioned on the Brunning Software page.

2) Glenco Sprites Alive 'Compiler' manual. The Sprites Alive page does show the 'Compiler Version' disc image but only has the 'basic' manual. There is also an additional compiler manual, which I have. EDIT: found this at CPC Power

Is there any interest in my trying to dump the disc and scan the manuals? If so, how can I submit to the wiki?
(I haven't tried to read the disc yet so not sure how well that will go)

Gryzor

Hello!

Of course, anything not documented is always of interest :) If and when you do, hit me with a PM and I can guide you, or I could upload them myself for you!

minwah

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:45, 18 February 20
Hello!

Of course, anything not documented is always of interest :) If and when you do, hit me with a PM and I can guide you, or I could upload them myself for you!
Hi Gryzor,
Ok great, will do. I should be able to read the disc this week, but do not have a scanner so the manuals will take a bit longer. Will keep you posted...
Many thanks!

Gryzor

No worries, thanks for doing this :)

By the way, have you checked whether they exist on other sites?

minwah

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:00, 18 February 20
No worries, thanks for doing this :)

By the way, have you checked whether they exist on other sites?
I have only looked on CPC Power...however I only just realised they have manuals, so have actually found the Sprites Alive 'Compiler' manual here:

https://www.cpc-power.com/extra_lire_fichier.php?extra=notice&fiche=4649&slot=4&part=A&type=.pdf

They do not however have the '100 Letters' disc/manual. I suspect that is fairly uncommon as it was an optional disc which would have cost extra. (I have the receipt from Brunning Software dated 28th February 1990!).

Are there any other sites I should check? Thanks!

Gryzor

I think CPC Power is the most complete one...

minwah

Cool, thanks.
I have dumped the disk successfully, so will scan the disk & manual when I can and put it all together...

Gryzor