News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Game template

Started by Octoate, 17:12, 06 March 10

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

Publishers may then differ from country to country, as it was a bit complicated at the time.

Remember the european Market was not what it is nowadays and Britania was quite protective too...

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 16:20, 10 March 10
Publishers may then differ from country to country, as it was a bit complicated at the time.

Remember the european Market was not what it is nowadays and Britania was quite protective too...

Yes! And the Romans!!! Heee Asterix get me some Romans!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Quote from: Octoate on 11:17, 10 March 10
I guess you misunderstand the meaning of those fields:
- Company means the company which developed the game
- Publisher is the company which brought the game into the market
and
- Developer are the developers who programmed the game.

"Company" doesn't make much sense... I don't know, maybe in other languages they use different terminology, but in english I think it's "Publisher"->the company that put it out in the market, "Developer" is the outfit that developed the game and Programmer is what you seem to call "developer"?

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:09, 11 March 10
"Company" doesn't make much sense... I don't know, maybe in other languages they use different terminology, but in english I think it's "Publisher"->the company that put it out in the market, "Developer" is the outfit that developed the game and Programmer is what you seem to call "developer"?
This sounds correct to me.

This confusion is one of the reasons why I changed the file_id.diz format used on NVG. In the previous version, the COMPANY field could contain the software house that published the program (if it was a commercial release), or the name(s) of the person/people who wrote or designed the program - so it was rather ambiguous. The new file_id.diz version introduced several new fields to replace it, namely PUBLISHER, DEVELOPER and AUTHOR. (The main reason why AUTHOR is used as a field name, rather than PROGRAMMER, is for text adventures created using the likes of GAC and The Quill, where the person who designed the adventure didn't really program it!)

I think the "Company" field in the CPCWiki infobox should be deprecated.

Gryzor

Quote from: Nich on 13:07, 27 March 10

I think the "Company" field in the CPCWiki infobox should be deprecated.

...and I couldn't agree more :)