News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Where is TotO?

Started by Bryce, 15:29, 05 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ivarf

Quote from: 1024MAK on 16:16, 09 January 17
I don't know what Amstrad employees thought of Sinclair designs, as I was not there. But keep in mind that before computers, Amstrad manufacturered cheap audio systems.

And various computer products from various manufacturers used different techniques to try to keep the cost low. Including Amstrad.

Given the segmentation of the home computer market at the time, with lots of "mine is better than yours" type attitudes, I'm not surprised that comments like this (Amstrad shocked at how Sinclair had done things) were banded around.

But, whatever was said back then, and whatever is said now, both Sinclair and Amstrad made computers and shifted millions of those computers. Both repaired or replaced any faulty units within the one year warranty period that was typical for that period of time. And both supplied products that complied with the electrical standards of the time.

It was Cliff Lawson that said this sometimes between 1995 and 2000 when News was the main Amstrad discussion forum. He lead the Amstrad team for the Amstrad made Spectrums. It was not a rumour that was out there while the machines were sold

majikeyric

haha this is Amstrad spirit scene  :picard:

Fortunately Commodore scene is well different and so much powerful  ;D

Long live commodore C64 !!!!! 8)

Gryzor

Troll detected, please don't mind him guys...

Joseman

Quote from: majikeyric on 15:59, 10 January 17

Is good to know that the scene of a pseudo-computer-console-toy 1mhz crap where his floppy interface is almost as powerful as the central unit and the predominant color is brown-poop must be united!! go guys!! go!!!

roudoudou

Quote from: majikeyric on 15:59, 10 January 17

Nice game bug hunt!
Kisses

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

dodogildo

I'm really sorry TotO has left.
M'enfin!