News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Questions concerning cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Links

Started by PaultheRoman, 17:41, 01 September 19

Previous topic - Next topic

PaultheRoman

So I've been working a bit editing the links page of the wiki. I've more or less tired to standardized the labeling and tagging for the websites, including things like foreign language tagging, like FR for French sites, and ES for Spanish sites. I've put these tags within the clickable link for each of the websites that had them to make them more aesthetic, etcetera. Little details here and there I guess. My problem that I currently have is with the links that are tagged " ***DEAD*** ". I don't see the use of having these links in the lists if they serve no purpose. Even if these websites were to come alive once again, they would more than likely use different domains as quite a few of their former domains have now been taken. My question is this: can I delete the dead links? I feel only providing up-to-date, current information while deleting dead links would make the page look and feel better.

Gryzor

Perhaps move them to a new, Dead section?

Will reply in more detail tomorrow 🙂

Gryzor

Sorry about my brevity yesterday, I just wanted to prevent pointless work :)

So, as I was saying (and thanks for obliging!) it'd be best to leave the dead links, even in their own section. My reasoning behind that is to also have a mention of dead sites because people keep asking, every now and then, about the status of a certain site. So it'd be nice to know when a site has gone dodo, but also as a historical thing...

Thanks again!
T

SkulleateR

Dead links may also be used with the Wayback Machine -> https://archive.org/web/

So I also think it may be usefull to preserve them  :)

Gryzor