News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Z80 Wiki Section

Started by HH, 12:21, 08 February 07

Previous topic - Next topic

HH

Hi everybody!

I stumbled across this WIKI yesterday... And I am really impressed! Amazing that the CPC is still going strong after all those years!

Maybe not surprising when one take into account that the CPC is powered by the most widespread microprocessor of all time! I read somewhere that there are over 1 000 000 000 Z80s out there, embedded in all sorts of devices.

I really think the Z80 section of this WIKI should be more in depth! A task I would gladly initiate! Any thoughts?

Is there any other WIKIs about 8bit homecomputers? Maybe they have a Z80 section to lend from?

Kind Regards

HH

Gryzor

Hello mate,

Welcome to the wiki, the forum, the CPC world in general :) Sorry I missed your post earlier!

Since you found the wiki you might also wanna try some of the links in it to see what the community is about - try visiting www.cpczone.net and its forum, for instance, which is the biggest meeting point with lots of discussions going on :)

I don't know about 1 billion processors, but it is true that Zilog (and others) have put this chip in mostly everything, including satelites (the EZ80 I think). Yes, it's got infinite uses!

You are, of course, more than welcome to expand on any article you want. I don't know if much of the stuff about it would be relevant to the CPC, but what the heck, our forum is open enough, go ahead!

As for other wikis, there's one c64 wiki which is very well done, and a lesser msx one - and that's about it. Surprisingly, no Speccy wiki. Wikipedia has a Z80 article, I should guess!

Cheers
Gryzor