News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

1986 - 6128 Demonstration program

Started by ComSoft6128, 07:44, 01 September 20

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

I guess this is the first ever Demo for the 6128.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZB6X_rkRFw

Link:

https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=8680

Not emulated - original hardware and software.

Please note that the aspect ratio for this YouTube video is 16:9 but the CPC monitor has an aspect ratio of 4:3 so you may wish to adjust your viewing device accordingly.

pelrun

Oh wow I gotta get myself down to asdd and buy me one, wer is an unbelievable price!  :P
Looks like this was written by the Australian distributor for use in retail shop displays, not that I ever saw it (then again, I *was* stuck in a small country town...)
Some of the sections are obviously ripped off from other demos, but it's surprising just how much is in there.

Skunkfish

Some of those palette swapping effects are rather nice!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

ComSoft6128

If anyone is interested I could make videos of the welcome programs for the 464 and 664 as well.

Any thoughts?

AMSDOS

Sorry I didn't look at your video. It's not an offical Amstrad demo, which is on Side 4 of the CP/M Disks which comes with the 6128, though it's interesting because it mentions AWA and Mitsubishi Electric that were the Australian Distributors of the early 464,664 & 6128 and perhaps the PCWs too. My 6128 has a Chip in it with the Mitsubishi stamp on it, the demo that you've presented I'm unsure if I've seen it before. But I reckonise the Boucing Ball demo running at the 14:00 mark of the video, which is the Blitter demo from AA10 (July 1986), which was one of a few Type-ins from AA which made it into the Aussie magazine The Amstrad User.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3