News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

30YMD - how to choose another disk ?

Started by freemac, 19:53, 06 August 16

Previous topic - Next topic

freemac

Hi,

In cpcpower homepage I found how to launch each demo one per one (30 years amstrad megademo &copy benediction (2016)) but these ones seems being only on the first floppy. How to launch demos from others floppies ?

[attachimg=2]

arnoldemu

Quote from: freemac on 19:53, 06 August 16
Hi,

In cpcpower homepage I found how to launch each demo one per one (30 years amstrad megademo &copy benediction (2016)) but these ones seems being only on the first floppy. How to launch demos from others floppies ?

[attachimg=2]
I think all those parts are on different discs but you must launch them through the first disc. I think a "change disc" part is shown?

Normal method is to run the demo and move the cursor over each person and press space.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

freemac

Well, I'm locked in the first disk (BENEDICTIONS, DIRTY MINDS, GPA, INTRO), I don't know how I did launched PULPO (last time I tryed some random hacks (load"30ymd":ùb:run 'PULPO... some of))
I found a bug in my FDC, i'll try to solve it and see.

[attachimg=1]
Some part of demos does pass.

freemac

Ok, let's map this demo.
SHINRA disk 2 top left
BENEDICTION bottom left
INTRO top quick-left
GPA bottom quick-left (at bottom of phone box)
PULPO disk 3 just at right of phone box
FUTURS disk 2 right bottom
DIRTYMIND a little upper right
VANITY disk 3 a little upper right (so at top right)

The demo I saw strangely finally was not PULPO one... In fact I saw the welcome demo, the welcome demo can be shown in r005.4 but not in r005.5 (but r005.5 does solve a problem about linking Yamaha sound clock from gatearray, solving by the way "-circles" demo, and a lot of games)
In Caprice32, both -circles and 30YMD demos does run. In JavaCPC bubbles does not end the screen, and buildings does not appears. In JavaCPC others disk does load (I don't), but some demos are KO.
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4]

krusty_benediction

I have not understand everything.

If you use a real CPC, you must be able to launch all the parts from the menu or from the options of the command line as explained in cpcpower.

Are you talking of a real machine or of an emulator ?

freemac

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 23:12, 09 August 16
I have not understand everything.

If you use a real CPC, you must be able to launch all the parts from the menu or from the options of the command line as explained in cpcpower.

Are you talking of a real machine or of an emulator ?
;D I'm not using a real machine.

Hi krusty_benediction, I'm using my FPGA core (MiST-board project) that is based on an emulator (JavaCPC) as resources.

I found a bug around my Yamaha, first one is that Yamaha is source via gatearray so it's clock is synchronized.
It seems also that Yamaha address is pulsed (in falling edge of an entry), not clocked.
For the moment, I've got a bug between "joystick detected in Sim City" and "no freeze in -Circles demo". I succeed in solving it in an experimental "I don't know what I do" way, but I'm first trying to get them both running in a "I know why" way (refactor).
This bug seem having border effect in 30YMD demo : in a way I saw the welcome intro correctly, in another way I show correctly the sniper

• . But I don't found yet an emulator running 30YMD fully correctly 2 times  ::)

I'll reach more documentation about this Yamaha chip.

I thing that changing dsk is a border effect of my first bug, or a second challenge for me.

krusty_benediction

ok

regarding the loading of the part of the MD on your emu, you may have to choose the right dsk depending on which drive you are emulating (single sided for 3" and double sided for 3"5).
As there is line to line splitting in the intro (when the fullscreen picture appears) I guess that I skip this part if the CRTC detection detects a CRTC 2 (maybe your emu is detected as a CRTC 2)

(on peut aussi échanger en français en privé si c'est plus pratique...)

I do not know at all Java CPC neither its quality of emulation but maybe it is not the best source to adapt

freemac

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 13:21, 12 August 16
regarding the loading of the part of the MD on your emu, you may have to choose the right dsk depending on which drive you are emulating (single sided for 3" and double sided for 3"5).
As there is line to line splitting in the intro (when the fullscreen picture appears) I guess that I skip this part if the CRTC detection detects a CRTC 2 (maybe your emu is detected as a CRTC 2)
Could be great to have your detection routine  :)
I did implement a CRTC1 (CRTC0 is too hard to hardware-code it)... normally it shall be detected as this, but "you're welcome", more check are great :)
I think I have to start coding in MAXAM...

(on peut aussi échanger en français en privé si c'est plus pratique...)
Bah, le français est tellement ambigu... et le gars avec qui je travail est allemand... et ce serait bien dommage de ne pas avoir son opinion. Après si c'est plus facile pour toi, n'hésite pas.

I do not know at all Java CPC neither its quality of emulation but maybe it is not the best source to adapt
It's the only one I can adapt. I know only two languages : Java and VHDL.
Compiling in VHDL takes easily 15 minutes... Java does compile on the fly  :P
And Amstrad rox !

roudoudou

I've seen à curious thing at the end of offset part. It's very quick ;)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

TFM

It's an excellent emulator, you really should take time and get acquainted to it.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus