News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Looking for 1990s Demo with Zap'T'Balls parody

Started by The Electric Monk, 13:19, 26 February 24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Electric Monk

In the early 1990s (should be around 92/93), I created some sprites for someone to use in a demo. It's basically a dumb parody of Zap'T'Balls, with the ball bouncing around to music, the player character pulling out a bazooka and firing a rocket tat the ball, the ball growing a panicked face and then exploding. I think I recall that I also did some music to go along with it, with the first part sounding like the original Zap'T'Balls theme and then morphing into Chopin's funeral march once the ball was about to be shot.

It's been so long that I can't remember who I gave the graphics to and what the demo was called. I only saw it once, decades ago, and I'd like to take another look at it. I remember it was a multi-part demo, with the Zap'T'Balls part occuring somewhere in the middle.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

BSC

This sounds a bit like boules et bits to me  ;)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

The Electric Monk

Quote from: BSC on 16:10, 26 February 24This sounds a bit like boules et bits to me  ;)

Thanks, but it the demo should be much, much older - and less technically impressive ;)

It was either done by a German or a Greek coder, I think...

GUNHED

Quote from: TheElectricMonk on 13:19, 26 February 24In the early 1990s (should be around 92/93), I created some sprites for someone to use in a demo. It's basically a dumb parody of Zap'T'Balls, with the ball bouncing around to music, the player character pulling out a bazooka and firing a rocket tat the ball, the ball growing a panicked face and then exploding. I think I recall that I also did some music to go along with it, with the first part sounding like the original Zap'T'Balls theme and then morphing into Chopin's funeral march once the ball was about to be shot.
It's been so long that I can't remember who I gave the graphics to and what the demo was called. I only saw it once, decades ago, and I'd like to take another look at it. I remember it was a multi-part demo, with the Zap'T'Balls part occurring somewhere in the middle.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Searching 'Monk' on cpc-power.com brings some of your stuff. Good luck!  :)

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

The Electric Monk

Quote from: GUNHED on 19:19, 26 February 24Searching 'Monk' on cpc-power.com brings some of your stuff. Good luck!  :)

Literally the first thing I tried, mate ;-)

The Electric Monk

Did a bit more research - the demo should be from 1995 or 1996. Because I was at Odiesoft's 1995 party in Aalen and either I gave someone the graphics there or they showed me the finished product. That narrows my search down at least a little...

roudoudou

there is few productions in that days, only a few pages on cpc-power, nothing with "balls" except some sexual slideshows
My pronouns are RASM and ACE