Batman Forever

Started by villain, 21:30, 20 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Optimus

#25
The youtube video has serious music delays during the transitions. The sound is also desynchronized later. I am uploading a more proper video.


Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWAzDSRQGW0

Devilmarkus

I am really curious about the fact, that nobody managed to connect his real CPC to a TV card on his PC.
Is noone able to do that? To record PROPER CPC videos?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

HAL6128

A very impressive demo! Pretty good art and music design.

@Devilmarkus
...good idea - at weekend I'm going to connect either my cpc to a tv (and record it) or connect it to my pc tv card.  I've an very old tv card (pci) from haupage. It has a composite / s-video interface?? Let' see.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

arnoldemu

Quote from: hal 6128 on 14:32, 21 March 11
A very impressive demo! Pretty good art and music design.

@Devilmarkus
...good idea - at weekend I'm going to connect either my cpc to a tv (and record it) or connect it to my pc tv card.  I've an very old tv card (pci) from haupage. It has a composite / s-video interface?? Let' see.
it is a good idea to experiment and work out a good way to capture accurately from a real cpc.
If possible I think you need to use a capture card with r,g,b inputs.

As for the sound, well the standard cpc has various options, stereo (from 3.5mm plug), speaker sound, SOUND on expansion port (may be the same as speaker sound).

You will get different results depending on which sound source you choose.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Devilmarkus

I connected my mp2 now to my pc.
The image is not the best but it's ok!

Sadly I don't have a 3,5" drive, but, if someone wants, I'll record the 3" version for youtube ;)

(Need to connect audio now but thats childplay)

BTW.: For the experimental feeling:
New CPC palette!
(Measured from CPC image on my TV card, BASIC values 0-26!)
0x000706
0x020850
0x0A10D8
0x510F08
0x570F59
0x6011E8
0xE81F13
0xEF186F
0xF818F8
0x086F08
0x087067
0x0F7EF8
0x677807
0x677867
0x6F7FF8
0xF88F07
0xF8896F
0xF889F8
0x11F80E
0x0FF878
0x28F8F8
0x80F80C
0x78F870
0x79F8F8
0xF8F821
0xF8F865
0xF7F8F8
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

einoeL

As soon as I saw the "Amstrad-Logo" I felt something like patriotism.  :'(
Wonderful, this demo is really state of the art.
One point of criticism: The music slows down sometimes - why is that?

Devilmarkus

Quote from: einoeL on 15:25, 21 March 11
One point of criticism: The music slows down sometimes - why is that?

Because you are using an emulator.
I just recorded the whole demo with my 6128.
Will merge real CPC audio to it now (My TV card was not able to record from line in and the mp2 has no audio signal)

Then I'll upload it to youtube.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

norecess

Yeah, there is a need for HD video about this demo. The one on Youtube has sync problem (not 50Hz). This demo really deserve the best. :)


Arnoldemu: any luck one day you will release the disc routines ? (with Rhino's agreement)
I found out the double-side feature quite interesting, works perfectly with HxC Floppy Emulator!



Devilmarkus

Well, sad that I don't have a real RGB cable to connect my CPC to my TV card,
so I can also not offer a real HD video, you can see here, how the MODE 2 screen looks from my capture:
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Devilmarkus

What you don't see in emulators is the tricky routine for the flip-screen.
It really looks awesome on a real CPC!
Thanks to line shifting!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

HAL6128

Quote from: arnoldemu on 14:56, 21 March 11
it is a good idea to experiment and work out a good way to capture accurately from a real cpc.
If possible I think you need to use a capture card with r,g,b inputs.

As for the sound, well the standard cpc has various options, stereo (from 3.5mm plug), speaker sound, SOUND on expansion port (may be the same as speaker sound).

You will get different results depending on which sound source you choose.

I'm thinking about connecting my cpc to my 25 years old rear projection tv (46 inch / 4:3) with a scart cable. Video and sound should work. Looking for a good camcorder.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

ssg

#36
QuoteHi, I'm Rhino from Batman Group, an old Amiga demo group known for "Batman Vuelve". I return to the scene after 15 years to make the best 8 bits demo on Amstrad CPC. The project is well advanced, but I need 2 musics to finish it. Are you interested? If yes, please, contact me at rhinobg @t hotmail d.t com and I'll give you more details about the project. Thanks.

He wasn't kidding alright. Now the bar is too high, I'm gonna give up coding on CPC altogether!!!1

[Edit]Removed direct email link for his protection... - Gryzor

norecess

Yeah, it was like "hi, I'm new here coming from nowhere and I'm going to kick your ass" .. and that's exactly what happened.  :D

MacDeath

#38
Saw it on my Real good old 6128...


Holy shiet !!!!


Awesome !

It jammed my CPC twice...
Good old Arnold mate never worked that much...

I think my poorly installed 3"1/2 disk drive can't perform as well as needed by the Demo...


Pst Edit : ok I used another DiskDrive (I have many...) and this one performs betterly...

But It still jamm My CPC.

This may be an issue due to the fact the Demo is 10minutes longs...

The slightest Hardware failure (Be it Power supply or DiskDrive) is Fatal error.

I mean to run the Demo And get it loading at the same time...
My old First CPC don't make it well...


Faulty Kustom diskDrive...
My brother did an Orkish job with the cables, and the diskdrives use the Monitor's powersupply... monitor who was also repaired cannibalising another one...erf...



Anyway, this is quite bluffing to see it on real Hardware...

Managed to see 8minutes perhaps... last jam on the rotating 3D blue Bat symbol... awesome though...)


Last Edit : ok managed to get it runing completely...
My CPC wasn't warm enough perhaps... :P


This looks almost AtariST quality...
What a rush, what a surprise...


My good old 6128 I'm proud of you...


Also, thx to the team who produced this piece of jewelry... :o

Full Fullscreen Demo... lots of effects and so on.... Complete masterpiece.

Bryce

Wow....

Just watched it on a real 6128 Plus and half way through, I started worrying that my z80 might need a heatsink to survive this one :D Seriously impressive.

Bryce.

MacDeath

have someone compaired between it running on PLUS and CPC ?

I should try...



Also... the CPCinAJar emulation is good...
This enabled me to undertand betterly which and  when mode are used ...

Exemple : the Mode2 "textscreen"... I just couldn't read the text on my real CPC...
Nice C64 bashing though... strange as it come from Ex-Amiga sceners...

On my blurrish CPC Monitor with a lot of "Remanence"... You may believe every modes display fare more than availlable...

Devilmarkus

Here it is... Captured from my real CPC 6128 via MP2 and TV-card.
I had to dub the audio, so perhaps it's not 100% synchronous to the video stream.
Please have mercy ;)

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Rhino

Thank you all for the good reception :)
About the demo video, this have a good frame rate but the music is out of sync after the introduction. :/
I tried to do the "official video" today but my two scart cables are not very good or I'm not doing something well... :) but I get a white/black signal when I connect the cpc to a DVD Recorder.
Does anyone know what is the best way to record the cpc on video? If someone has the hardware to do it well, I also would appreciate if can do it (I have not got the right hardware to do it quickly and some low quality and desync videos are being distributed on youtube now)
I'm afraid the c64 scene are watching it on defective videos and they will continue thinking that their c64 is better than CPC, hehe :)

Rhino.

PS: I think the last video with music will syncronized should be good.

sigh

I like the smooth scaling and zooming in and out. I'd love to see these effects in games.

Rhino

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 21:20, 21 March 11
Here it is... Captured from my real CPC 6128 via MP2 and TV-card.
I had to dub the audio, so perhaps it's not 100% synchronous to the video stream.
Please have mercy ;)



Hi, I think the desync problem was because you are running the single sided version, then you have a little pause to change the disk that is not in the inserted music. Anyway, thank you very much for the video. I understand that I can not ask for more effort on your part :) , but I would appreciate very much if you can send to me the material to make the sound insertion properly by myself.

Thanks in advance.


MacDeath

#45
I noticed on my "real" hardware that some transition may be a bit laggy and I even got the music and sounds going wild (noise) instead of playing well...

Sometimes It even (a lot of time) jamed my CPC...
I suspect the faulty DiskDrive/powersupply/and so on...

I had to reset a lot.

The continuous loading must be quite thightly timed I suppose...
Have anyone got such problems ?

The fact that the CPC struggle for 11minutes...
My CPC per exemple, most of his youth was spent playing lone-loading 64 games... the additionnal RAM never was used that much as during the try I gave to your demo... in almost 25years... :-[


As I told, you must perhaps :

=Be sure about your power supply both for the DiskDrive and the CPC...

=Be sure your Disk is well done.

=don't even breath nor blink.... Don't even...blink.... nor think.

=also the component have to be a bit warmed...

And try to have a better connectic than me with my Orkish Kustom DiskaDrivaSlugga...

You have B&W picture ?
What is the "nationality" of your DVD recorder ?

B&W often mean :
=Scart/peritel not properly plugged.
=PAL ? SECAM ? S-Video or RGB ???

Bryce

Hi Rhino,
          to solve the B&W problem, try the following connection: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/TV_SCART_cable#Alternative_RGB_Wiring and include the capacitor shown. The B&W is happening because your Video recorder is reading the composite input instead of the RGB.

@MacDeath, Long unused RAM, should work just as good as well used RAM. And if you are having problems with the CPC before it has warmed up, then you probably have dry joints on the mainboard.

I ran the demo on a real 6128 Plus from a HxC (with the single disk version), there was only one point in the demo where the music stuttered slightly, other than that it's as smooth as.... Something that's really smooth.

Bryce.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Rhino on 01:52, 22 March 11

Hi,   I think the desync problem was because you are running the single sided   version, then you have a little pause to change the disk that is not in   the inserted music. Anyway, thank you very much for the video. I   understand that I can not ask for more effort on your part :) , but I would appreciate very much if you can send to me the material to make the sound insertion properly by myself.

Thanks in advance.

I captured both simulteanously. AudioEdit for capturing sound and my TV tool to capture video.

I'll see if I can upload both files. The video is 335mb!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 04:47, 22 March 11
I noticed on my "real" hardware that some transition may be a bit laggy and I even got the music and sounds going wild (noise) instead of playing well...

Sometimes It even (a lot of time) jamed my CPC...
I suspect the faulty DiskDrive/powersupply/and so on...

I had to reset a lot.

The continuous loading must be quite thightly timed I suppose...
Have anyone got such problems ?

The fact that the CPC struggle for 11minutes...
My CPC per exemple, most of his youth was spent playing lone-loading 64 games... the additionnal RAM never was used that much as during the try I gave to your demo... in almost 25years... :-[


As I told, you must perhaps :

=Be sure about your power supply both for the DiskDrive and the CPC...

=Be sure your Disk is well done.

=don't even breath nor blink.... Don't even...blink.... nor think.

=also the component have to be a bit warmed...

And try to have a better connectic than me with my Orkish Kustom DiskaDrivaSlugga...

You have B&W picture ?
What is the "nationality" of your DVD recorder ?

B&W often mean :
=Scart/peritel not properly plugged.
=PAL ? SECAM ? S-Video or RGB ???

Ok concerning the loading, I'll get some test code ready, would you run it on your system?
Perhaps the loader will need a patch?

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Ythcal

What the !?


A really great demo. Thank you for showing us what is possible on our little CPCs.
Absolutely amazing...


When watching the rotating Batmania I thought I was watching some kind of movie. Never thought such smooth animations would be possible full screen.

¡chapó!

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod