News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Batman Forever

Started by villain, 20:30, 20 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Sadly other CPC productions get ignored. Maybe you have to know Amiga people? Whatever... at least this demo made it.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

rexbeng

I don't think that CPC prods are generally ignored. At least since the release of BF the CPC is getting more attention than usual (the two prods of Benediction in the latest Revision or Optimus' Wolfenstrad for example) and a lot more people kept an eye on the releases of the latest Reset party. Actually, I just counted, the CPC already has 10 notable releases in 2012 posted on pouet.net (and two of those are games), whereas in 2011 there aren't more than 4-5 worthy ones (ok, Batman Forever alone counts for 10 and they haven't included Rtype128 - Fano & Toto, why not post it on pouet? I'm sure it's going to raise quite a few eyebrowses ).

rb

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

MacDeath

Don't know if he minds but you should add proper categories to this page so it can be accessed easierly.

QuoteDue to interlace effect, some colors are blend very well, and others tremble (typical in interlaced modes)
I guess it is a bit like for the flickerscreen technique...

perhaps a proper colour benchmark should be done in order to table the colours that would mix well and those who gives bad flickers or epylepsy...

This may helps coders and graphic artists willing to use such technics.

Post Edition : here is the video of the Award ceremony, and the Tryumph from Batman Group.

Scene.org awards

Gryzor

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:02, 11 August 12
Don't know if he minds but you should add proper categories to this page so it can be accessed easierly.

Scene.org awards

Categories *and* internal links, actually; people often forget about the wiki organisation, but the fact is that it's almost as important as the content itself.

That said, lovely article, thanks!!

MacDeath

I edited the Page to add a few categories, I also edited the Video modes page in order to add a few "software video modes"...

I would appreciate if someone would correct this part in the video mode page, also sthose "software" video modes would also need a proper page or individual pages I guess...

on Atari 8 bit computers, those software modes arer quite important, you can't do anything correct without them...

On CPC they are not well known I guess.

so i added :

=Mode R : linked to the page.

=Mode5 : couldn't find a page on it yet...

=Flickering screen Mode : not sure of to call them... they would need a decent page too, would be nice if Supersly could do it, as he is one of the main user of those.

As gryzor told, it is important to put links in more page to access to those.

Rhino

Just for curiosity. "Monolito", the commercial TV spot from SANYO ESPAÑA (1989) that was inspiration for the Gotham City 3D demo part.

Gryzor

Heh...

1.very cool video
2.very  interesting tidbit about the inspiration
3.the rendition in the demo was very good, after seeing this!

MacDeath

that retro-cyber punk mega-corpo feeling...

also nice model.

and the PC with 5"1/4... in 1989...

ZbyniuR

We waiting and waiting for next demo from Batman Group, meantime I found some parody, but this video contains upsetting scenes and rude behavior not good for kids...

BATMETAL RETURNS  -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53HDr0-Qew

If you like it, you can find more like this on the same channel. ;)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

ZbyniuR

- What?   New preview?
- No, just Batmetal again. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDea7laHD4E
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Gryzor

Ah damn, I thought it was a new demo :D

FruityFrank

hmm, 2 questions:
just wondering: the demo wont start when my memory-extension is attached to the 6128 in (Doppertin 512k). Is it a known issue?
Is there a way to run the demo in a loop?

many thanks

norecess464

@FruityFrank I can't reply for your Doppertin issue but yes, the demo restarts by itself few seconds after the demo ended.
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

FruityFrank

Quote from: norecess on 14:00, 06 December 19
@FruityFrank I can't reply for your Doppertin issue but yes, the demo restarts by itself few seconds after the demo ended.

strange, it won't do so on my maschine ...  :'(