News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Comsoft6128 Youtube

Started by Anubis6175, 11:50, 25 May 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis6175

@ComSoft6128 have you taken your youtube site down? I hope its temporary. 

poulette73

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Anubis6175 on 11:50, 25 May 23@ComSoft6128 have you taken your youtube site down? I hope its temporary.
Sorry it's permanent :( >:(

I've just started a new channel on Dailymotion which, in the short to medium term, will mostly consist of the videos from YT.
However, this "migration" will take a VERY long time to complete. Possibly a year or two.

Titi

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 13:22, 25 May 23
Quote from: Anubis6175 on 11:50, 25 May 23@ComSoft6128 have you taken your youtube site down? I hope its temporary.
Sorry it's permanent :( >:(

I've just started a new channel on Dailymotion which, in the short to medium term, will mostly consist of the videos from YT.
However, this "migration" will take a VERY long time to complete. Possibly a year or two.

🥲🥲🥲

TotO

@ComSoft6128 YouTube close a channel after 3 strikes. It was the third?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ComSoft6128

Quote from: TotO on 15:22, 25 May 23@ComSoft6128 YouTube close a channel after 3 strikes. It was the third?
Quote from: TotO on 15:22, 25 May 23@ComSoft6128 YouTube close a channel after 3 strikes. It was the third?
There was a strike a few weeks ago for a link in a video description to a commercial music site (a punk band - likely the link was to their shop not the main page :-[ ), the 2nd and third strikes must have been simultaneous as I did not receive notification of the 2nd. 

TotO

Sad... Obviously, Youtube is trying to shut down many channels that don't bring in much but take up a lot of space, to add more and more stupid content for a lot of views and money. I hope you have a backup of all your recordings to upload to Dailymotion.

Regarding the existing cpcwiki entries, these are now pointing to broken links and you can't edit them. So, what to do?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ComSoft6128

Quote from: TotO on 15:54, 25 May 23Sad... Obviously, Youtube is trying to shut down many channels that don't bring in much but take up a lot of space, to add more and more stupid content for a lot of views and money. I hope you have a backup of all your recordings to upload to Dailymotion.

Regarding the existing cpcwiki entries, these are now pointing to broken links and you can't edit them. So, what to do?
Aye I've located just over 2000 videos on USB sticks & the laptop hard drive so far, still looking for the other 600.
As to the existing Wiki entries I think I should update each thread as I publish the relevant video on Dailymotion.

Gryzor

Working on a solution for editing current threads...

robcfg

Sorry to hear that.

Honestly, YouTube is becoming shit at an alarming rate...

ComSoft6128

I would not disagree but its time I moved forward.

XeNoMoRPH

Wow, I'm sorry, I follow your channel regularly, in my case I don't keep a copy of the videos that I upload to YouTube, they should at least allow you to download them.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

ervin

That is absolutely appalling on youtube's part.
I've always found your videos extremely interesting, and very important from a historical point of view.
What a terrible shame that youtube can do this so abruptly.
They should at the very least give you the chance to download your vids.
Unbelievable.
[EDIT] It's even more ridiculous when we consider the content in many red band hollywood trailers.
Bloody ridiculous.

ComSoft6128

Aye I can't say I'm happy about this but I may have shot myself in the foot - just over a week ago I uploaded the CPC version of the Kama Sutra to YT (with an 18+ setting) and it may have activated a YT algorithm of some kind. 
I'll never know which is a pity.
What I can say is that my Dailymotion channel will contain nothing remotely problematic.

VincentGR

That is complete shit.
There are vultures on yt like cdmedia, they claim games music that are not theirs.
Anyway, it's not the end of the world man, but it will be hard to re-upload.
:(

reidrac

That's bad!

I assume you have looked around and have decided your new hosting service already, but perhaps consider something like PeerTube. You may find a nice instance and own your content in a way that YT or Dailymotion or whatever for-profit hosting service isn't likely to allow.

What are you plans so people can find your videos? I don't think I have watched a video in Dailymotion in years!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: reidrac on 08:49, 27 May 23That's bad!

I assume you have looked around and have decided your new hosting service already, but perhaps consider something like PeerTube. You may find a nice instance and own your content in a way that YT or Dailymotion or whatever for-profit hosting service isn't likely to allow.

What are you plans so people can find your videos? I don't think I have watched a video in Dailymotion in years!
Never heard of PeerTube, I'll check it out.

A small start:
https://www.dailymotion.com/dm_ae0ba5937e0a18984e783030a6229b98/videos

tjohnson

Oh man, I can't believe you've put so much effort in and YouTube deleted the whole lot.  They love dross like Mr Beast too much I guess.

ComSoft6128

Ok, I'm now up to 260 videos (10% of my YT channel) in 13 playlists on Dailymotion. 

https://www.dailymotion.com/dm_ae0ba5937e0a18984e783030a6229b98/playlists

Gryzor

That's some impressive work... 

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:20, 21 July 23That's some impressive work...
Not as much as you'd think - most of them are already on my HD so it's just a matter of uploading them to DM.

A few changes though - No links in any of my videos on DM and minimal descriptions - I simply don'y have the time anymore to dig around for info on each of the programs :(
But, with a few exceptions, if anyone sees something of interest it came from CPCPOWER or CPCRulez.

ComSoft6128

WTF???

"We regret to inform you that your Dailymotion account has been deactivated due to a violation of our Terms of Use."

VincentGR

This is ridiculous.
Things are getting worst day by day.  :(

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

ComSoft6128

Two weeks ago I received a copyright infringement notice from Dailymotion for a music track from 2020 I was apparently using in a video FOR A SILENT 1985 BASIC PROGRAM.

??? :o ???