General Category > Demos

CPC Scene, "what have you been doing"

(1/12) > >>

steve:
The Batman Forever Group said " you (CPC Scene) have the worst demos", clearly a challenge.

So are there any demo writers out there who are up to the challenge?

Here is a suggestion, could you write something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-a85ZbuTxM

Optimus:
This seems like an animation and a good idea for an OpenGL demo on a PC. I remember an Nvidia demo with balls and machines playing music or something like that.

As for the challenge I guess there are people who will try to do much better than their previous effort now. It will just take some time.

MacDeath:
Doing this on CPC ?

Well, not sure this can be done in "real" 3D...Yet a clever tiles and sprites job may get something like this, minus the rotating camera view.

Personnaly I would more be into some Kraftwerk stuff...

Get the Maaaan Machineeeee samples... in DMA channels.

steve:

--- Quote from: Optimus on 01:25, 09 May 11 ---I remember an Nvidia demo with balls and machines playing music or something like that.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that one is also on youtube, but I figured it would not be possible not even on a plus. ;D

steve:

--- Quote from: MacDeath on 01:31, 09 May 11 ---Doing this on CPC ?

Well, not sure this can be done in "real" 3D...Yet a clever tiles and sprites job may get something like this, minus the rotating camera view.

Personnaly I would more be into some Kraftwerk stuff...

Get the Maaaan Machineeeee samples... in DMA channels.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it might be possible, there is not much movement if you do not have a moving camera, so multiplexing hardware sprites should be sufficient to handle what movement there is, while DMA handles the sound, if you were to put the demo in a 512KB cartridge, then you might be able to load screen data fast enough to have the rotating camera view as well.

I don't mean make an exact copy, just something like it, a bit of animation matched to some copyright-free music.

If there is time available, use mode 2 graphics with pallette changes every line or 6, I don't know which because I am not a programmer.

To be fair to the demo programmers, I think they were writing for the CPC whilst the BF demo was written for the plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version