News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Documentation 'how to embed WebCPC into this forum?"

Started by Devilmarkus, 15:52, 23 July 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Hi guys,
I will explain you in a few words, how everybody can embed WebCPC into this forum.

First please notice:
Please use only this category to post WebCPC. The reason is that, as some people commented, it's not good to open a thread and find an unexpected applet running in there. We're trying to work around that by making the applet load on request, but there's lots of things to touch and modify...

The procedure is not the most straightforward of all, but at the moment it can't be made any easier due to the way the system stores attachments.

• First, write up your post and attach the file you want to showcase in webcpc. DSK, SNA and CDT files only, no ZIP!
  • Press "submit"
  • Take a look at the post you created and copy the link of the attachment
  • Edit/modify your post and add the link to the file that you just copied within your webcpc tag

The syntax of the tag is as follows:

[cpc=http://thisdomain.com/thisattachment
This opens the applet with the attached medium

,myfile.basThe second parameter sets the file which should auto-run when the emu starts.
(Can also be |CPM)

Set it to none if no boot is wanted

Set it to tape if you want to boot a CDT

,1This sets the CRTC type (0 or 1)
if not set, 0 is used (default)]

Close the first tag

CPC6128This must be set: the CPC you want to emulate...
CPC464, CPC464T, CPC664, CPC6128 and PARADOS are possible.

[/cpc]Close the tag .

End result should be something like:

[cpc=http://thisdomain.com/thisattachment,myfile.bas,1]CPC6128[/cpc]

Thats all!

Notes

• Add some text in your post, otherwise the applet won't load
  • The small emulator output command is:

[cpcsmall=.........]CPC6128[/cpcsmall][/list]
      Where syntax is the same than for the normal applet.

• You cannot upload files to your private server and attach it here to WebCPC (Because of JAVA security restrictions), though this will change
  • Sometimes the applet will leave residue noise after you close it. If you find this is the case, you can click into the applet and press F12 to reset it
[/list][/list]
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

A couple of recommendations: would it be possible to turn scanlines on by default? It looks so much better...

Also, I think that setting the machine type in-between tags is unorthodox (and certainly wrong syntax). Can you make it so that the model is set with another parameter, like the rest?

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:06, 24 July 09
A couple of recommendations: would it be possible to turn scanlines on by default? It looks so much better...

I turned them off because they need more CPU power. But I could add a parameter to enable them.

QuoteAlso, I think that setting the machine type in-between tags is unorthodox (and certainly wrong syntax). Can you make it so that the model is set with another parameter, like the rest?

This is because SMF uses the string between [...]  [/...] as parameter, too. But yes, it's possible by changing some things, and use a dummy-parameter.

I also coded a new floppy emulation yesterday night, so that it will be possible to use up to 4 floppy-drives.
I only need to add their parameters.
Maybe I will build a complete new tag for this.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Yeah, I know SMF uses the text in between as a parameter, but I think it looks like a wrong thing to do, code-wise :D Since we already have params fields within the tag, no need to have one outside them, especially when that text could be used (with some tweaking) to display, say, the title of the game...

As for scanlines, yes, you're right about CPU, maybe another param...