General Category > Demos

Is it important for you that a demo runs on all CRTC types?

(1/19) > >>

Devilmarkus:
Here's a little, but I find, important poll for you ;)

tastefulmrship:
Why can't I select all three?

* I don't mind, because I use an Emulator with CRTC-Types 0-28
* I want cookies
* Err.. What is a demo? Nah, only kidding! I think coders should be mindful of all CRCT types. Some people still have CRCT-2 monitors and they'd miss out on all the fun! However, I use an emulator (until I find a decent 6128 on eBay) and it's currently set to CRCT-26.

MaV:
Am I missing something? What the hell means CRTC 0-28?? There's only four the last time I checked. What's next? CRTC 29: CPC with OpenGL support?

All CRTC types should be supported. If it really must be then exclude CRTC2. The only problem I see is how to test it. I don't think every single coder (or coder to be) has access to all CRTC types.

Anyway, the differences between them are not documented. Most websites on that assume implicitly that you know about the subtler differences.

Devilmarkus:

--- Quote from: MaV on 18:12, 23 August 11 ---Am I missing something? What the hell means CRTC 0-28?? There's only four the last time I checked. What's next? CRTC 29: CPC with OpenGL support?

--- End quote ---
Are you sure, you are using the right emulator?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

Carnivius:
There was no option for "I don't know what a CRTC is" so I went with cookies cos I'm hungry and I'd like some cookies now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version