News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Just for laughs

Started by demoniak, 11:52, 30 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

McKlain

The Plus/4 version is not bad at all

redbox

Quote from: McKlain on 10:05, 01 September 11
The Plus/4 version is not bad at all

Sh*t.  You're right.  :o

McKlain

Even the Dragon 64 version uses the nyan sample, I'm starting to get worried  :laugh:

demoniak

Final release ?

MacDeath

QuoteWould love to see it on a C64 hahahahahahahahahahaha!
>>Iplying C64 can actually diplay the rainbow with less than 2 grey shades inside.

:D

Quote@MachDeath : Thanks, I will apply your coulor changes and some "pixels alignment" in the next (final ?) release.
No blems my friend... Capitano Obvious, Lord of the Obvious...
Just there to point to the obvious... :P

But also to be fair, I told you that but only tested it on Emulator, don't know if this goes better on Real Hardware... but i don't think such Demo is that  Emulator unFriendly...

so I will have a look at the "pre-beta-released-final version 0.99999991 alpha PLUS"...

Post Edit :

Ok :
==this lags a bit on my emulator...
==the Yellow part on the Rainbow is 1 "pixels" (2x4) too thin vertically... (la bande est plus fine que les autres bandes)
==Also it is still in pastel Yellow while "medium yellow" would perhaps be better.

Er... i continue uin french because I want to be understood by you...

Oui donc, la bande jaune est plus fine, ce qui semble poser le probème... esque ta pixélistation est vraimment "accurate" ?
Et aussi tu devrais la passer en jaune "moyen" et non jaune "pastel"...

Mais ça ajoute de la tuile en fait...

Après c'est vrai que ça fait quand même de grosses surface de couleur a changer... c'est pas forcément si léger que ça je suppose...

Also, do you aim at "arcade perfect" port of some minor differance are of no importance ?

I mean the face is not exactly the same (missing the nose... one "pixel" not at the proper side of the mouth) and the poptart also misses one "sugar dot"...

Perhaps a whole line is missing ?

This looks like it is the case : a "column" and a line are missing so the head is shorter and the poptart to misses one raw and one line...

This explain why the rainbow simply can't match.

There a "fixed" version of the graphics.

Désolé pour le boulot en plus... ;)

McKlain

I just transfered it to tape and tested it on my 464. It works perfect  ;D

redbox

Quote from: demoniak on 12:08, 01 September 11
Final release ?

Yay!

For the classic CPC anyway. 

Now we need a Plus version with digidrums :)

McKlain

Quote from: redbox on 12:51, 01 September 11

Yay!

Now we need a Plus version with digidrums :)

Digidrums can be done on the CPC too, for the plus we should use digitracker and the nyan nyan sample  ;D

redbox

Quote from: McKlain on 12:54, 01 September 11
Digidrums can be done on the CPC too, for the plus we should use digitracker and the nyan nyan sample  ;D

Not without a mahooosive overhead (I was thinking DMA), but yeah the sample would also be nice.

Actually, I do really like the AY tune version though, feels so Arnold!

MacDeath

QuoteYay!

Now we need a Plus version with digidrums
I'm afraid not yet...
As I pointed again, the pixelisation is not yet "accurate and faithfull", a shame as the Commodore or Dragon version are... :o :-[

Well, Plus version can be even more Colour accurate...
The sky is not CPC palette friendly... (special grey-blue sort...) and the border of the Poptart is not pastelYellow but more some pastelpink/pastelorange...

Also yep, hardScroll, perhaps even DMA channels...

but this may need a shitton of extra complete rework on the code to take those PLUS feature into account...

QuoteActually, I do really like the AY tune version though, feels so Arnold!
I can just aggree...
This AY version completely roxxx !

The Pony is kewl! Anyone up to putting them both in the same program? Then the CPC would be leagues ahead - the ueber Nyan demo!
Well ,this pony would need extra work on the colours (sure CPC old can't get the exact same...) and having both Cat and RainbowDash (Pony) on the same screen may need more than the normal 16 inks...

Also, why not then try this in smaller pixels...

I mean 1x2 square Mode0 pixels... this would work too, with even less surface to modify per frames...
Perhaps faster or even PLUS Hardsprites friendly...

but hey, let's not be complete Pricks too...
Easier to ask for, harder to do it.

McKlain

demoniak

redbox

MacDeath

Cat has a nose, the yelow on the rainbow trail is now in medium yellow, and a new spot is added on the poptart...

from what i saw...

McKlain

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

SyX

Looks and sound great in the real machine!!!  ;D

Gryzor

Yeah, I love the tune even not sampled... really dig it. Must rip for ringtone... :D

The Plus/4 version is nice, but of course it just can't have a decent palette! Soooo washed out!

McKlain

I've touched the drum pattern a bit and made the sounds a bit less noisy. Take a look, demoniak.

demoniak

Quote from: McKlain on 18:19, 01 September 11
I've touched the drum pattern a bit and made the sounds a bit less noisy. Take a look, demoniak.

Here is the result :

McKlain

SyX

I can confirm that  ;D

McKlain no se te olvide anunciarlo en el foro cuando esté la versión definitiva ;)

Gryzor

Yeah!

Hey, anyone felt the irony when typing "cat"? :D

Also, how about going overscan? :)

MacDeath

QuoteHey, anyone felt the irony when typing "cat"?
I did...

This would need a cat'art to tell :

"no guy, yo must type [run"Nyancat] instead of simply [Cat] !"

Also fun that you ask "run, Nyancat !" and yep, the nyancat then runs...through freaking space

added Joke dimension. ;)

Gryzor

Heheh good idea about catart... :) :) :)