News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Just saw Batman Demo for the first time ..... WOW

Started by 260Z, 14:30, 31 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

260Z

Hi all ,

I saw a reference last week to the "Batman demo" on this site. I thought nothing of it, assuming an official demo for a game. How wrong was I !!!!

Let me premise this by saying I'm a 40+ year old computer nerd ( like many members on this site  :)  ). I was into computing long before it was either cool or essential to our everyday life.

I lost interest in machine level programming when the x86/Pentium Series started to adopt Hyper-threading technology , taking control from the programmer.

But this is possibly one of the most impressive pieces of programming I have ever seen. I tip my hat to those responsible. Well done and thank you.  ;D

AND THIS IS WHAT I LISTENED TO IT ON ,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ( to the wife saying please turn that down , lol )

00WReX

You will love seeing this on a real CPC  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

260Z

Quote from: 00WReX on 14:53, 31 July 15
You will love seeing this on a real CPC  ;)

Cheers,
Shane

Read my mind there Shane  :) .  How do I get my hands on the executables/source for this ?

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

260Z

Thank you very much my friend   :)

Cheers ,

Rob

Gryzor

Last time I loaded it in a coffee shop on their CPC people actually stopped talking...

Metralla

First to say sorry about my english language.....

Years ago when I run this Demo first shock was to see those bats breaking the window, I was freeze, all this stuf in fullscreen, the window aproaching, thunderstorm..... ON MY AMSTRAD !!!   then Batman Group logo appears and my throusers go down, instantly I was transported to my dark room  in early 90s because Commodore Amiga Demo Batman Vuelve, a very good demo......then logo dissapears and the demo come more and more and more amazing, from the beggining till the end cant close my eyes........

The word is GLORIOUS , a masterpiece of software from masters of programing, hope this people have more time to work on CPC, thankyou very much BATMAN GROUP !!

We, Amstrad users can say, we have the best demo , based on the best character and running on the best 8 bit system .....ho ho hooooo

MacDeath

QuoteLast time I loaded it in a coffee shop on their CPC people actually stopped talking...
Please could you develop on this story ?
A Coffee shop ? the Dutch kind ?
Also why would a coffee shop have a CPC ? they still do the visicalc on those ?
Also, what kind of Feta were you smoking? seems to be a good one, dare to share you dealer's address ?
;D

260Z

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:28, 25 August 15
Also, what kind of Feta were you smoking? seems to be a good one, dare to share you dealer's address ?
;D

:laugh: :laugh: The EXACT image I had when I read that.

I just shrugged my shoulders and thought. .." I really. ..really need to go to Europe one day" . All our cafe's sell are f...ing toasted sandwiches.

pacomix

Quote from: 260Z on 14:30, 31 July 15
But this is possibly one of the most impressive pieces of programming I have ever seen.

It is not one of the most... it is the most. It won't be beated.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Metralla on 09:58, 25 August 15
First to say sorry about my english language.....

Years ago when I run this Demo first shock was to see those bats breaking the window, I was freeze, all this stuf in fullscreen, the window aproaching, thunderstorm..... ON MY AMSTRAD !!!   then Batman Group logo appears and my throusers go down, instantly I was transported to my dark room  in early 90s because Commodore Amiga Demo Batman Vuelve, a very good demo......then logo dissapears and the demo come more and more and more amazing, from the beggining till the end cant close my eyes........

The word is GLORIOUS , a masterpiece of software from masters of programing, hope this people have more time to work on CPC, thankyou very much BATMAN GROUP !!

We, Amstrad users can say, we have the best demo , based on the best character and running on the best 8 bit system .....ho ho hooooo
I almost thought MacDeath wrote this post, but then I saw it was different user  :laugh:
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

AMSDOS

That old thing  :laugh:  Numerous Demos have been written since that.  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Metralla

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:57, 26 August 15
I almost thought MacDeath wrote this post, but then I saw it was different user  :laugh:

Humm I see MacDeath´s profile, from France, im not because I live in the same country like the best group  lol.........of course Batman Group.....kicking C64 ass XD

Optimus

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:28, 25 August 15
;D

That made me wonder too. Unless it was a "CPC" running on emulator on a mobile phone (that's the hardware people bring on the cafeteria these days :)

p.s. Although I had dreams while sleeping of discovering internet cafes with all retro stuff inside, CPC, Amiga, etc. They had plenty of diskettes with games and demos. 1 Euro per hour plus coffee. And I was using the Amiga for internet connection in that dream.

TFM

Quote from: Optimus on 13:02, 27 August 15
... Although I had dreams while sleeping of discovering internet cafes with all retro stuff inside, CPC, Amiga, etc. They had plenty of diskettes with games and demos. 1 Euro per hour plus coffee. And I was using the Amiga for internet connection in that dream.

Well, Optimus. Time to wake up then and realize your dream. That would be a nice business idea, wouldn't it? Enjoy the summer!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

QuoteI really. ..really need to go to Europe one day
A very lot of people are trying at this moment... it doesn't goes very well.

QuoteI almost thought MacDeath wrote this post, but then I saw it was different user
First : my englitch is flu-less.

Also, the only Spanish production that would make me sh**t my pants would be some food I guess...
BTW to Engrishmens, the Latins all look the same, I guess. they wouldn't even tell an Irish from and Italian by their flag to save their life.

Now back to this coffee shop story...

It's simple : we kill the Batman.

Post Edit : Did I look bovered ?
QuoteNo offence was meat.
;D

arnoldemu

It's nothing to do with the quality of your written English or the flag.

No offence was meant.

It was the style of your writing that I was comparing.
:)

You are both passionate about CPC and I can see this comming through strongly in the words you both choose to use :)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

remax

Gryzor already has talked about the retro coffee shop near where he lives. It has CPCs so the démo was launched on it

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Brain Radioactivity

Metralla

Quote from: arnoldemu on 18:03, 27 August 15
It's nothing to do with the quality of your written English or the flag.

No offence was meant.

It was the style of your writing that I was comparing.
:)

You are both passionate about CPC and I can see this comming through strongly in the words you both choose to use :)

Aaaahhh  sorry about my lenguage, I dont know if its correct or not, about France country I have nothing against it, I only have a lot of gratitude for Amstrad CPC game programing, Titus, Loriciels, Infogrames, a lot of fun.  Also Commodore Amiga Games.........Eric Chahi........a big one, so.....

MacDeath

yeah, Eric Chahi really comes from another world... ;D

BTW all those big fairlight and co C64 demos are really nice... many C64 tricks helped by hardware but can't deny the production values.

Gryzor

@remax remembers! :)

Indeed, it's a retro cafe where I've set up all sorts of machines (a Speccy in the wings, a c64, an Amiga, a Vectrex, Pong, SMD, SMS, NES and SNES... even an arcade cab). It was a real CPC6128 with an HxC attached. Win!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:42, 28 August 15
@remax remembers! :)

Indeed, it's a retro cafe where I've set up all sorts of machines (a Speccy in the wings, a c64, an Amiga, a Vectrex, Pong, SMD, SMS, NES and SNES... even an arcade cab). It was a real CPC6128 with an HxC attached. Win!
Note to self.... Must Visit Greece, they have the best Cafe's
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

260Z

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:10, 28 August 15
Note to self.... Must Visit Greece, they have the best Cafe's

+1 to this.  Very envious  :)