News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Monkey Island - screens - demo

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 16:06, 14 October 20

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

tjohnson

Interesting, i've always thought these types of adventure game would be feasible but would need multiple disks to load in all the screens.  The actual level of animation is low, the screens are mostly static.  I'm surprised nobody ever made something like this for Amstrad.

Skunkfish

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I imagine with modern compression these screens would be quite small. With some scene alterations and manual touch-up

Monkey Island 1 was a 4 disc Amiga game - so around 3.5MB in size. Mostly graphics, I imagine. CPC graphics would be at least half the size, but I don't think you'd be fitting it on a single 512KB cart image, or 720KB 3.5" floppy image, never mind around 5 3" floppies.

Maybe a 2MB .SNA for those with large memory expansions...

vasilisk

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

vasilisk

Thought so  :D
I wanted to test it on real hardware and not emulator

roudoudou

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 13:40, 15 October 20
I imagine with modern compression these screens would be quite small. With some scene alterations and manual touch-up

Monkey Island 1 was a 4 disc Amiga game - so around 3.5MB in size. Mostly graphics, I imagine. CPC graphics would be at least half the size, but I don't think you'd be fitting it on a single 512KB cart image, or 720KB 3.5" floppy image, never mind around 5 3" floppies.

Maybe a 2MB .SNA for those with large memory expansions...

Size does not matter on a mass storage like XMASS / Albireo or...  M4 ! It's fast enough to load screens
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Sykobee (Briggsy)

It's true. I've been thinking about .crt as the best option for large games when in fact those devices solve the capacity issue entirely, although the market is relatively small right now.

Skunkfish

There's around 1000 M4 devices out there now, so not that small!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)