News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2013 / CPC Demo " Still Rising " by Vanity

Started by Pentagon, 08:26, 31 March 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentagon

Watch out for that great and cool CPC Demo !

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=61177

Released by Vanity yesterday at Oldskool Compo / Revision Party - Saarbrücken / Germany

It's not the "Batman Killer" but it's awesome stuff.

Kindly Regards
Pentagon

Pentagon

_______     ####                       
.########     ####        .             #########.       ( Cod:Hicks - Ghb:Beb - Mst:UltraSyd )
####' ###   #########     #.    .       #### '####          _______                         ____ 
####.         ####     _  ##.   #.      #### .####     _  .########       _  #########.  .########.
'##########.  ####  .###  ###.  ##.     #########;  .###  ####' ###    .###  #### '####  ####''####
       '####  ####  ###'  ####  ###.    #### '####  ###'  ####.        ###'  ####  ####  ####  ####
        ####  ####        ####  ####    ####  ####        '#########.        ####  ####  ####  ####   
        ####  ####  ####  ####  ####    ####  ####  ####        '####  ####  ####  ####  ####  ####
######  ####  ####  ####  ####  ####    ####  ####  ####         ####  ####  ####  ####  ####. ####
#### #  ####  ####  ####  ####  ####    ####  ####  ####  ####   ####  ####  ####  ####  '#########
####   .####  ####  ####  ####  ####    ####  ####. ####  ####  .####  ####  ####  ####        ####
###########'  ####  ####  '###. '###.   ####  '####.####  ##########'  ####  ####  ####  ####  ####
                                                                                         #### .####
* April 2013, Vanity is still in da house - Wallowed in your best chair *               #########'

A new Amstrad CPC "1337-c0wB0yz" piece of art with a
                        bunch of World Records inside. Work started mid 2010
                        Made with lot of sweat, tears and huge erections !!!

Everything fits in memory, because trackloading is for pussy

!!! Take care buddy, you have to watch this on real hardware !!!
                     Emulators ruins graphics, musics and eat all your children

tastefulmrship

CPC roolz... but Rhino is still GOD!
Nice to see CPC at Revision. Keep the spirit of the Amstrad alive!

EDIT1: Instant DOWN THUMB on POUET for Hicks's arrogance! ^_^

EDIT2: Actually, I cannot remember my POUET password... and CPC demos are so rare that a THUMB DOWN is really unfair! CPC r00lz and this demo (BF excluded) is the best we've seen for a long time! Go Vanity! Go CPC! (in a good way, not the obvious BAD way) Looking forward to the next Vanity production!

Tom&Jerry

Hi guys,

I have seen it on the 360p streaming during the party (who has said that german people are always ponctual, show started at 11h30 PM :-( ). The demo is really impressive, with enormous rotozoom and quite polished graphics. Ultrasyd has done too a nice job, even if the tune has the same "problem" that in first Vanity prod, not a long single tune, but some little ones linked. I personnaly don't mind, the result is good !

I just one thing that could be better, the pong simulator. Why are players stay only on the top of the scree ? And it would be more logic if the screen disparears after the ball has hit the wall.

Downloading the prod on pouet, I have been surprised to discover a nice fake cracktro ;-).

About Hicks' arrogance, don't take it too seriously, that's demoscene spirit :-) (yes, sometimes it looks like children war, these guys will never grow up ). The demo deserves a thumb up for me !

T&J/GPA or maybe Zenith/Fatality ?

arnoldemu

Really nice music, graphics, presentation and effects.

I love the end effect with the chains.

I think the "chunky" pixel look on the effects is really well done.

Great demo!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Optimus

Can't wait to get a new CPC and running this on the real thing. There are some color blends that doesn't look good on emulator (I am based in UK now, gonna search for a new CPC on ebay soon) but I know they will look great on a real CPC monitor.

When I heard it's a Batman killer I was expecting something epic. It wasn't delivered. It was solid, had it's own style, but short. Mosly enjoyed the big rotozoomers. The rest of the effects were big and colorful too, even if reprodution of line based effects. I adore the graphics with the trains and the presentation of it. It really has it's own unique graphical design.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Tom&Jerry on 10:00, 31 March 13
About Hicks' arrogance, don't take it too seriously, that's demoscene spirit :-) (yes, sometimes it looks like children war, these guys will never grow up ). The demo deserves a thumb up for me !
I know... but it's still fun to "play the villain" and pretend that I care! ^_^

It's just a shame they didn't ask you to continue your "guest" role in Vanity. A new T&J tune is always welcome!
(no offence to uSyd, his tune was brilliant)

EDIT: My only gripe is that Vanity sat on this for TWO years. I was expecting a lot more from them! "Too short, too few effects, too late!"

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

The cracktro is awesome.

I don't particularly care for the Mr Oizo music part (though the rest is nice!), but the demo is cool. Must watch it on my real machine :)

robcfg

Could somebody please upload the demo and cracktro here?

I cannot download from ftp at work, and my java plugin gets completely mad when trying to run Markus' emulator...

Gryzor

robcfg

tastefulmrship

2nd place is a great achievement for CPC demos at a world-scene party! Conglatulations, you win!

However, I feel even Batman Forever would not have beaten Rink'A'Dink. LemonPOINT are too big an Amiga influence (especially with a Commodore loving audience) to allow anything else to come close... so...

Still Rising won the Oldeskool Demo Compo by proxy, as the Amiga demos should never be included in the predominately 8-bit orientated Oldeskool Demo Compo.

TotO

Rink'A'Dink has to be disqualified to not respect one of the few contest rules...
It must not excess 8mn and it run over 10 !!!

Oldskool | Revision 2013
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

rexbeng

@Toto: the main demo is actually less than 8 minutes. The rest is a greetings part that loads afterwards, much like Wake Up does. The actual paricipating demo is about 6'30'' long.

rb

TotO

The greetings are launched from the demo, yes or no ?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

trocoloco

I'm not gonna compare between Batman Forever  and Still Running  as I find that making comparisons is hateful, I preffer to say that both demos show what CPC can achieve!. It's really nice demo, congrats to the Vanity team, was really cool with some impressive effects, specially liked the graphic artistic part of it, neat style.

Gryzor

Is there a page with all the entries put together?

rexbeng

Gryzor

Ooh yeah. FTP download initiated, thanks guys!

redbox

Wow, what a great demo, I especially liked the amazing twister.

And even though I've never much cared for the demo-making Politik, the cracktro was very funny!

TFM

Quote from: Pentagon on 08:26, 31 March 13
It's not the "Batman Killer" but it's awesome stuff.
It has effects superior to Batman Forever! So it is at least half a Batman killer.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 11:28, 31 March 13
EDIT: My only gripe is that Vanity sat on this for TWO years. I was expecting a lot more from them! "Too short, too few effects, too late!"
So why don't you make it better instead of talking so loud?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

tastefulmrship

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:06, 01 April 13
So why don't you make it better instead of talking so loud?
Nah, I'll leave that to the professionals; Rhino, SyX, cngsoft, arnoldemu, redbox, axelay, etc...