News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2021 demo: Can Robots Take Control?

Started by krusty, 01:46, 04 April 21

Previous topic - Next topic

MaV

A very impressive demo. It gets my vote, and I hope it'll finish 1st!
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

villain

Guys! Thanks a lot for keeping Benedition and the CPC alive. Impressive!

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

GUNHED

Thanks for the video, download doesn't work for me.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

rexbeng

Congrats Krusty!

Me, in true double-agent fashion, participated in a C64 game :Phttps://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=88595
(/runs)

MaV

Quote from: rexbeng on 20:23, 04 April 21Me, in true double-agent fashion, participated in a C64 game

We know.

* MaV receives mission to capture rexbeng DOA, dons Sam Fisher equipment, unlocks Pistol, leaves room. :P

Nah, it's good, and looks good (for a C64 demo).
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Maniac

Love this! Great presentation and effects! Tunnel panning is particularly impressive! Great stuff!!

MacDeath

Targhan

Wooot, second place! Awesome party (albeit online...). Thanks @MacDeath for the links and update.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

roudoudou

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:29, 05 April 21
2nd place, congratulations, I updated the CPCwiki page as each years.

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Revision#2021

https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Can_Robots_Take_Control%3F
Where did you get the informations for the credits? That's not what's in the demo (maybe you must read all words  :P )
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Mr. DVG

Excellent demo, too bad double sided dsk don't seem to work on M4 card! ::)

Sid_

Congrats for this 2nd place.
I really enjoyed to see it.

Targhan

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 20:03, 05 April 21Excellent demo, too bad double sided dsk don't seem to work on M4 card
I don't think the problem comes from the double-sided DSK. It's simply because we're using our own FDC code, which is not compatible with the M4. Maybe Krusty will make an M4 board version one day?
But it isn't simple... and would break all the demo synchronizations because the loading time would be different.

Basically, demos are meant to be used on the hardware and use its original capabilities.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Mr. DVG

Quote from: Targhan on 22:42, 05 April 21
I don't think the problem comes from the double-sided DSK. It's simply because we're using our own FDC code, which is not compatible with the M4. Maybe Krusty will make an M4 board version one day?
But it isn't simple... and would break all the demo synchronizations because the loading time would be different.

Basically, demos are meant to be used on the hardware and use its original capabilities.
Difficult = Impossible? ::)   

However I sincerely hope that in the future it can be made compatible (and without the loss of synchronization in uploads)! :D   

Targhan

Using the M4 would mean using the system calls to load a file (calls that would be redirected to the M4 custom load function by the M4 rom). This is certainly in opposition with the way the whole memory is currently organized! So a lot of trouble. In my opinion, not worth it. Can't you guys have a working CPC? :)
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Maniac

Had a chance to try this on my 6128 Plus via my HxC and it crashes in random places  :(  - doesn't seem to play nice with the Plus hardware! Still a great production mind!

roudoudou

Quote from: Targhan on 22:57, 05 April 21
Using the M4 would mean using the system calls to load a file (calls that would be redirected to the M4 custom load function by the M4 rom). This is certainly in opposition with the way the whole memory is currently organized! So a lot of trouble. In my opinion, not worth it. Can't you guys have a working CPC? :)
A lot of trouble and also a LOT of work*. Gotek is a real replacement of floppy and it's probably the most used hardware for our CPC
*we must remember some two sides games => 3 sides when cracked on files
Trackload is life !!!

krusty_benediction

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 22:52, 05 April 21
Difficult = Impossible? ::)   

However I sincerely hope that in the future it can be made compatible (and without the loss of synchronization in uploads)! :D
Hello, I will release the final version of the demo in about 1 month.This is the maximum time span I want to allocate and it is quite a lot/too much I think.
I have several tasks planned and most of them will be un-noticeable by the regular demo-watcher.One of them is to create a CPCWifi version; but it is not the highest priority one, there is no guarantee it will be done (and I allow myself to do that only because it is a feature I want for my next trackmo; this way it will be already coded).

krusty_benediction

Quote from: Maniac on 00:56, 06 April 21
Had a chance to try this on my 6128 Plus via my HxC and it crashes in random places  :(  - doesn't seem to play nice with the Plus hardware! Still a great production mind!
I have no Amstrad plus at home, so I was not able to test on it.I have not even looked at the results with an emulator because I doubt it would be the same.
The demo is supposed to run without crash on Amstrad Plus although 2 screens are not stable.
Random crash probably comes from a general issue of the demo: when extensions are plugged to the CPC there is a high probability of random crashes at loading; when there is no extensions there  is a small probability (but not null). Today I have no idea of the reason of that (if someone can help me, it would be great) and then cannot fix it.

MacDeath

Quote from: roudoudou on 16:54, 05 April 21Where did you get the informations for the credits? That's not what's in the demo (maybe you must read all words
taken via demozoo and pouet, feel free to correct what you know (you did...)

would be good to add this Demo to CPCpower as well.

Also I saw nowhere which amulator works... ACE? what about the others ? didn't worked with my copy of WinApe...) or the RAM requirements (64ko works ?)

roudoudou

Quote from: MacDeath on 09:14, 06 April 21
taken via demozoo and pouet, feel free to correct what you know (you did...)

would be good to add this Demo to CPCpower as well.
You did not see the demo?  :o

MacDeath

Quote from: roudoudou on 09:16, 06 April 21You did not see the demo?
on m'a dit qu'elle ne tourne pas sur PLUS or je n'ai que  ça sous la main avec un lecteur praticable, et non je n'ai pas vu la démo sur cpcpower encore... et je n'ai pas ACE.
Et il n'y a pas de message dans la vidéo de la démo indiquant les specs and requirements.

roudoudou

Quote from: MacDeath on 09:24, 06 April 21
on m'a dit qu'elle ne tourne pas sur PLUS or je n'ai que  ça sous la main avec un lecteur praticable, et non je n'ai pas vu la démo sur cpcpower encore... et je n'ai pas ACE.
Et il n'y a pas de message dans la vidéo de la démo indiquant les specs and requirements.
in the video you can clearly see the credits ;)

MacDeath

Quote from: roudoudou on 09:28, 06 April 21in the video you can clearly see the credits
the video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djrtp6Z5deA

so when ?

I didn't bothered to go to revision's live performance and those informations should be more easily reachable... (but you helped in the dev so you know better)...

ok after a few search :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxhk56qqeec&ab_channel=RevisionCaptures

only says "bare 6128" still vague...