News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

'SHOW' slideshow by ?

Started by ComSoft6128, 06:43, 05 April 22

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

French slideshow (likely from the late eighties or early nineties) which features 35 compressed game loading screens,
Using a second 6128 I've added a music track - an excellent Soundtrakker version of 'Photographic' by Depeche Mode.

Links:
https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=12440
https://cpcrulez.fr/demostestSL_show.htm
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Soundtrakker
Not emulated - original hardware and software.
Please note that  the aspect ratio for this YouTube video is 16:9 but the CPC monitor

has an aspect ratio of 4:3 so you may wish to adjust your viewing device accordingly.

BSC

Funny how many times this tune has been used. It was made by WEEE! and me during a CeBit Party in Hannover. 
This is kinda special to me because it was one of the few party productions I ever managed to get done and also
the only co-operation with WEEE! on the Soundtrakker. Must be about 30 years ago  :o
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

eto

Quote from: BSC on 09:11, 05 April 22during a CeBit Party
during? a CeBit Party? writing a song for the CPC?

We had different definitions of party ;-) (and CeBit parties have been legendary!)

ComSoft6128

Quote from: BSC on 09:11, 05 April 22Funny how many times this tune has been used. It was made by WEEE! and me during a CeBit Party in Hannover.
This is kinda special to me because it was one of the few party productions I ever managed to get done and also
the only co-operation with WEEE! on the Soundtrakker. Must be about 30 years ago  :o
I've used in 4 or 5 times so far on my YT channel because its so good!
Over the last three years I've listend to hundreds of CPC tracks and only a few are truly memorable, this is one of them.
It helps that I'm a big DM fan but then again if it was just good or mediocre I would have discarded it.

Just a pity that there is nothing else like it - an entire CPC album of Synth or Electropop classics would be very welcome..........hint hint. ;D

rexbeng

Sorry, cannot help with the 'entire CPC album' part. Perhaps some day one of those deep learning AIs is able to make AY tunes out of real music.  8)

BSC

Quote from: eto on 09:54, 05 April 22during? a CeBit Party? writing a song for the CPC?

We had different definitions of party ;-) (and CeBit parties have been legendary!)
That was an exception. All other CPC parties were entirely made of booze'n'hookers :D
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.