News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
T

WIP: Now That's What I Call Chip Tunes (WinAPE)

Started by tastefulmrship, 11:10, 29 June 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Wow,how did I miss that? It's awesome, and the stereo effect works really well!

McKlain

tastefulmrship

For McKlain - Nah Kolor by Magnar/TBL
&
For Morn - Sunday Drive by Vedder/Insane

Please enjoy good music communication from SuTekH/Epyteor!
Download indirect file internet from CPCWiki from here world web.

P.S. Shadow Of The Beast tune is way... WAY... out of tune! Most sorry given to all CPCWiki users!
P.P.S. How did no persons discover out-of-tune error on tune? How?

EDIT: It turns out the NAH KOLOR tune was actually composed by Magnar of TBL. Changed the BASIC text to correct composer!

Morn

Thanks for the amazing conversion, JTMS! If more game soundtracks had sounded as epic on the CPC in the 1980s as those two tracks, the C64 users would not have made fun of the CPC!  :D

Gryzor

Erm... more than a year later, what lovely tunes, especially Sunday Drive!

tastefulmrship

Gryzor

Thanks, I was too, and that cheered me up :D

TFM

Very well done. Both, GFX and sound. Make wanting to do a CPC version of this game.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:26, 11 August 15
Thanks, I was too, and that cheered me up :D
No probs! Happy to help. ^_^

When I'm bored I convert Amiga chiptunes... hence my AYEmul playlist currently has 260 converted tunes. These days, I am very bored! ^_^

Neil79

;D ;D ;D

You should do what Aaron White does for the Amiga community, release conversions on a monthly basis as albums.

Indie Retro News: C64 To Amiga Chiptunes Volume 6 by Aaron White!
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

tastefulmrship

I got bored again!

If I hear another Giana Sisters or Torvak tune again, I think I'm going to fecking kill myself! I've spent way too much time on them!
For me, this was a pretty decent diversion and a more relaxed, chilled-out version of the CPC Turrican 2 title tune!

EDIT: For phi2x and Grim... a few extra tunes for your ears! A slightly updated .dsk file, attached!

Gryzor

Listening to it now; since the significant other isn't complaining it *must* be good! :D

tastefulmrship

Got bored yesterday, so I did a crapola version of KONG STRIKES BACK. Can someone do an overscan MODE 0 screen for that game? You know, like the one Toto did for the Zynaps CPC-Wiki Remix. All those Ocean games (Bruce Lee, Daley Thompson's Decathalon, etc) had a wide-pixel Speccy loading screen and looked wrong! The CPC needs some graphical loving!!

Also, on the disc are a few compacted screens I had floating around.

tastefulmrship

Super bored today! Here is a version of GHOSTS 'N' GOBLINS by Mark Cooksey.

tastefulmrship

So fecking bored! I'm going to have to stop converting these little tunes.

gerald

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 19:38, 12 March 16
So fecking bored! I'm going to have to stop converting these little tunes.
Next time you're really bored, what about having a look at monkey island tunes  ;)

Grim

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 19:38, 12 March 16Donkey Kong Country (Aquatic Ambience)
Nice tune rendition, fugly image :)

tastefulmrship

Quote from: gerald on 19:57, 12 March 16
Next time you're really bored, what about having a look at monkey island tunes  ;)
Sure! I'm bored today... so... attached! ^_^ It's a minimalist version of the title tune.

Quote from: Grim on 00:37, 13 March 16
Nice tune rendition, fugly image :)
Then you'll probably not like the Monkey Island screen either! MODE 1 (without rasters and any artistic talent) can be quite an eye-sore.

Seriously, though, the DKC screen came out better than I had expected (it's still shit, though). It was really only meant as a test of my Otscookie font; in keeping with CPC demoscene tradition, it's almost unreadable! (*smiley face*)

remax

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 15:02, 13 March 16
it's almost unreadable! (*smiley face*)

Almost is a sweet euphemism  ;D

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 15:02, 13 March 16Sure! I'm bored today... so... attached! ^_^ It's a minimalist version of the title tune.

That's quite good. The original title version is quite minimalistic too. Perhaps a bit slow ? (At 120%, it sounds quite good).
Brain Radioactivity

Joseman

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 15:02, 13 March 16
Sure! I'm bored today... so... attached! ^_^ It's a minimalist version of the title tune.
Then you'll probably not like the Monkey Island screen either! MODE 1 (without rasters and any artistic talent) can be quite an eye-sore.

now we have the start screen and the music... Let's go for the rest of the game!  ;D

Neil79

Finally, we have more tunes  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Can you do this one

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

tastefulmrship

Quote from: remax on 18:05, 13 March 16
That's quite good. The original title version is quite minimalistic too. Perhaps a bit slow ? (At 120%, it sounds quite good).
Bugger! I used the wrong version... I'll fix it over the weekend! ^_^

@MacDeath; Oh, and this is MY version of Monkey Island, NOT a rip of the AtariST version (from your Facebook post, yesterday). I can prove it to you again if you insist this isn't my own work!

Quote from: Neil79 on 19:54, 14 March 16
Finally, we have more tunes  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)
I've got hundreds of these!
My next releases will be a little bigger than anything I've tried to do before. One has all 51 tunes and the other has all 9. More will be revealed over the next few months.

Quote from: Neil79 on 19:54, 14 March 16
Can you do this one

Quite possibly, yes. The "attract" and "play" tunes are pretty simple to do. The only issue, I see, is the "orchestra hit" instrument, which can be a bitch to emulate in arpegios. I have tried it in the past to limited success. I might have to ask one of the CPC musicians for help.

tastefulmrship

Ok, the proper-speed version of The Secret Of Monkey Island and 3 tunes from Pinball Dreams (Beat Box) by Blaizer (Olof Gustafsson).
I have only tested the multi-MODE & rasters on WinAPE as my 6128 is buried under a week's worth of dirty clothes; if they're wrong on real hardware, then (for now) tough! ^_^

Anyway... that concludes my weekend boredom.

VincentGR