General Category > Demos

Zeeloxyl by Sotsoft (December 2011)

(1/7) > >>

tastefulmrship:
This new demo is being universally slated on POUET.NET. Here are some highlights for those who have not yet seen it.

(.png... I think! Click on thumbnails for full images)

Instead of slating it and walking away, why not enhance it? I ask the coders of the CPC community to see what they can do to make this production great. It's not a coding challenge, it's not a 'if you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem', it's not a 'put up or shut up', it's merely a request to enhance a CPC production to make our fine machine look great once more!

Merci lots,
- JTMS...

Gryzor:
Hey, this is a nice idea and a great attitude :)

MacDeath:
So what, he just needs somebody to get a proper tiles and sprites sheet for it ?

I have no time at the moment to look at it (I go to a party tonight) but if someone can explain properly... thx...

Also I simply don't understand the demo itself...

Is it coded in Basic ?

1st part is... weird... what is it ssupposed to be ?

Part 2 well... the sample is not good and the cycling stuff if poor.

Part 3... ok, some mode2 rasters, perhaps the best part...

part4 is not even displayed in the menu... and, well, is in Basic

oh, and said menu, WTF ?
is it supposed to be a 4K demo or something ?

Anyway he added some PLUS features... so I like it ! ;D

Who is Sotsoft ? a 12 year old kid who want to release one demo in Basic1.1 each month or choosed to discredit CPC on pouët  ? ::)

BTW, i hope we can help the guy to do more refined stuffs in the future...

And i must admit i could not even code one percent of this. :-[

tastefulmrship:

--- Quote from: MacDeath on 20:36, 03 December 11 ---Who is Sotsoft ? a 12 year old kid who want to release one demo in Basic1.1 each month or choosed to discredit CPC on pouët  ? ::)

--- End quote ---
I think this might answer your question; http://optimus.freeshell.org/sotsoft/

TFM:

--- Quote from: tastefulmrship on 23:36, 03 December 11 ---I think this might answer your question; http://optimus.freeshell.org/sotsoft/

--- End quote ---

Photos 1 & 2 show a girl, photos 3 & 4 show a boy. So... ???

Any kind of production for CPC is good. No master falls from heaven. Todays Greatest started small. And this demo shows some never before seen effects, it's nice to watch once :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version