News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ACE for Haiku

Started by PulkoMandy, 23:19, 13 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

I saw that Haiku is installable in a VM. Perhaps an hope to have a try of ACE :)
Brain Radioactivity

HAL6128

Have a try. It works great. Don't forget to set USB-Tablet modus in the settings of VirtualBox. The mouse will move then smoother.
Nevertheless you should install Haiku directly on a PC, cause working on an emulator inside an emulator (virtualbox)...  :-\
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

remax

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 15:13, 11 June 20
Have a try. It works great. Don't forget to set USB-Tablet modus in the settings of VirtualBox. The mouse will move then smoother.
Nevertheless you should install Haiku directly on a PC, cause working on an emulator inside an emulator (virtualbox)...  :-\

Virtualbox being a virtualizer, there not so much an additionnal layer than with a traditionnal emulator. Anyway, i'll see if it's not too much of a hassle to install directly on a pc.
Brain Radioactivity

PulkoMandy

Version 1.13.0 is available! Have fun! And let me know about the bugs if you find some!

HAL6128

Couldn't download. Link > "not found".

PulkoMandy

Sorry, apparently yhe upload failed. Just redid it, should be good to go now!

HAL6128

Yes, it works, thanks!

PulkoMandy

Version 1.14.0 is available. Have fun!

Zarnal

Thank you for your work on the Haiku version of Ace.

PulkoMandy

Hello there,

Version 1.15.0 beta is now available for download. I'm waiting for your feedback and bugreports as usual :)

Zarnal

Thank you very much.
I will test tonight.

Zarnal

Hello,
I have a question: is it possible to have full screen mode with the Haiku version of ACE with a particular PC hardware ? I misunderstood in Haiku's documentation. Some functions to support full screen are not yet implemented ?
Thanks.

PulkoMandy

The fullscreen mode should work, but it will not yet switch your video mode to 50Hz so there will be some tearing visible.

Zarnal

Something has certainly escaped me. I will reread the documentation more carefully. If I try full screen, I have " full windowed " mode but not full screen. In virtual machine or my real PC.
Thanks.

PulkoMandy

Are you using the latest version 0.17? In previous versions it didn't work yet. And in 0.17 it doesn't work perfectly either, the menu isn't hidden (but other parts of the interface are). I'll fix that in the next one.

Zarnal

No, not with 1.17 but with 1.16 and older versions. I just tested with 1.17 and it's actually much better. Thanks again.

remax

I have very chopped sound. For exemple, when i do a "del" bip, it comes in small chunks and takes for ever.

I am under the latest snapshot of Haiku, under Virtualbox. I have no problems to play an MP3 under the media player, so it's not a global problem.
According to the vumeters, it's not a CPU or memory problem either...
Brain Radioactivity

PulkoMandy

Hi,

I have released ACE 1.19 for Haiku today!

Get it from the ACE homepage: http://ace.cpcscene.net

Zarnal

Thank you. I will test this new version next week.

PulkoMandy

Hello everyone!

ACE 1.21.0 for Haiku is now available. As usual, get it from the ACE homepage at http://ace.cpcscene.net !

CPCBEGIN

I make two videos with the complete installation of Haiku under Virtual Box and ACE under Haiku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYx-TCeBXK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR4XCr--wTM

Audio is on Spanish but it's not necessary to understand them.
Retro & opensource

PulkoMandy

Hello,

ACE 1.22.0 is available on the ACE homepage at http://ace.cpcscene.net  :D

It's recommended to use Haiku R1beta3 or a recent nightly build. 32bit version only still.

This version is the first to include the plugin SDK. Which means you can now write your own plugins if you want to. In the download package there are the sources for the built-in plugins (including the changes I made for Haiku). You can use this as a starting point if you want to try making your own plugins.

The change list from the ACE website for this version:

Improved plugins SDK.

• New Spanish translation thanks to Juan Carlos Herran Martin.

• Memory default contents now depends on chip type.

• Removed tape to hard disc wrapper feature.

• Added ability to emulate the GX4000.

• Added fast preferences to quickly reconfigure ACE in the main basic configurations.

• Added support for extended cartridges.

• Improved virtual keyboard.

• Improved symbols management window.

• New AREXX commands.

• Internal changes to ease portability.

• Fixed minor bugs and regressions in GUI and plugins.

OffseT

Big hurrah to PulkoMandy, the only one who was brave enough to port ACE on a non AmigaOS-like system.  8)

PulkoMandy

Hello!

ACE 1.23.0 for Haiku is now available  :D

Changes in this version:

• Added preferences window to configure scriptable events.
  • Added new AREXX commands to directly access CRTC and PSG registers.
  • Added support for new chunks in snapshots (DSCA, DSCB, ROMS et TAPE).
  • Minor fix in PPI emulation of Amstrad Plus (AsT/Impact).
  • Minor fix in PSG emulation (Zik/Futurs').
  • Preferences windows of ACEpansion plugins are now automatically enabled or disabled by ACE depending on their state.
  • Some fixes in various windows.
  • Speed optimisation in real time windows update mecanism when they are a lot of symbols.
  • Internal fixes so that ACE can now be compiled for AmigaOS 3.x (no public version planned yet).

There is now a choice of a 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on which version of Haiku you have installed. There are also various other bug fixes and probably some new bugs.

Have fun! and let me know if you hit any problems. Be sure to read the instructions in the README or in the first post of this topic to avoid asking the already answered questions.

Get it at http://ace.cpcscene.net

OffseT

Again, congratulations for this port!
It is great that 64-bit version is now available. 8)