Win 10 VM- WinAPE Doesn't load up with the OS or Blue screen, completely black.

Started by futurepr0n, 15:02, 12 May 20

Previous topic - Next topic

futurepr0n

Hi all - I am not sure what's wrong with my set up - but I downloaded WinAPE Beta 2.0B2 and expected to see the Blue Amstrad screen when I open up the application but I don't. Instead my screen is blank. Is there anything that I may have forgot to do in order to get the classic blue start up that I see on tutorials and other getting started docs? None have seemed to mention a similar issue as mine, and I have done some googling but ultimately had to join a forum here for some expert advisement.

Im running on Win10 32bit through a VM.

VincentGR

If it's not a rom issue then check direct x stretch.
Also try compatibility mode from windows.
Here plays just fine.

futurepr0n

I'm not even loading a rom - Im just booting the application. I expect to see the default blue screen that others show in the screenshots, but nothing is showing up - is this normal? Do I have to load something after opening up the app? I was going to just start messing with the assembler and running code through that.

have tried unchecking and checking Direct X Stretch, it made no difference.

I tried running in compatibility mode under different windows versions, but none made any difference, just loads with grey screen.

I tried using the previous 2.0 Beta 1 as well, but no dice. I am not sure what would be different, but I would like to just boot up the Amstrad OS and then use Show Assembler to start off some tutorials. Is there anything I am required to do in order to get to the OS? Why would I just boot up with a flat grey box?

EDIT:
It seems like this is isolated to my VM - I can get it running on a native windows install on a laptop, but not here on my Mac through VM. I tried changing the Graphics from non 3D Accelerated and to Graphics Controller: VMSVGA and this worked! No other settings changes required. Very odd!

Looks like I was able to further narrow it down to the 3d acceleration setting - toggle that off and it shows up properly. Fantastic!

GUNHED

You need the firmware in the lower ROM, it's called something link OS-6128.ROM or so.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

roudoudou

Quote from: GUNHED on 08:10, 13 May 20
You need the firmware in the lower ROM, it's called something link OS-6128.ROM or so.
or select "6128 Plus" in the PROFILE (your last screenshot) it will load the default cartridge (which contains firmware)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Sid_

It happens sometimes, erase your winape config file and reopen it.