News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Any interest in a Competition to make an Android GX4000 emulator.

Started by CraigsBar, 20:45, 17 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi Guys,

as mentioned elsewhere (but as pointed out probably incorrectly titled) I was wondering if there would be any interest in running an open ended competition for the first GX4000 / plus emulator for Android.

I am willing to put up a major stake in the prize, and to keep this relevant I propose a JXD S7800b as the prize, I would donate 25% (or more if needed but not 100% I don't have that muxh spare, sorry) of the purchase price of the prize.

this way the coder who writes the first (or best if 2 or more coders declare an interest) Amstrad Plus/GX4000 emulator would have as a prize a new toy to use with their emulator.

If another 3 or 4 people are prepared to donate some funds to the prize, or I can get a better proce than the normal retail price from Funstock or JXD directly I'll let you know. the important thing here is to see if we can get some interest in a GX4000 emulator for the android platform. I mean we have the best home port of PANG (Yes, imho the GX Cart is better than the Amiga and ST releases) and sometimes I just really think those plus games would suit the Android platform. Screensize will show off the CPC palette and resolutions, D pad and 2 fire buttons work for on screen controls (on the JXD the physical controls are perfect)

If there is no interest in this then so be it, but I'd love to be able to add something to the community even if I cannot code or draw or write a tune I can organise (more than a pi$$-up in a Brewery) so let me know what you think, if you would be interested either as a Donor or entrant.

Thanks for your time

Craig.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Munchausen

Hmmm, can it be a port of an existing emulator with an android GUI? Its quite a tempting prize...

CraigsBar

So long as it supports the plus hardware I see no reason why not. The Atari 8 bit emu inam currently playing RGB on is a port of a Linux emulator.

Gryzor

Put me down for another 25% at least. I'd love to have a proper Android emulator...

Speaking of prizes, the JXD is amazing, but so is the Wikipad from what I've been reading, and very cheap, too!
[attach=2]

CraigsBar