News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Correct Mouse Operation with WinApe.

Started by Puresox, 23:42, 23 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Puresox

Not sure if there is any threads on this , but a quick question on how do I get to use the Mouse feature  on WinApe. The function works in a fashion but not right, as soon as the cursor leaves the WinApe window the arrow stops moving and basically not useable . I would really like to use the mouse function with a good few of the games , maybe even shooter games I don't know ? Is there a way of getting the Mouse to operate correctly , am I not configuring the Emulator properly? Or is it not possible?
Sim City would be so much better if the Mouse worked.

roudoudou

Switch to fullscreen,the mouse will not quit the emulator window anymore
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Executioner

Added Mouse Capture to my TODO list. It does work better in Full Screen mode though.

Puresox

Thanks will look forward to implementation

Puresox

I notice that a fair few games react to the Mouse action in Winape, I really hope that you manage to Get mouse operation working spot on . The Idea of playing Wriggler(Centipede version) is something which will be superb. I am wondering if Krakout or Arkanoid works with the mouse too? Incidently is this a quirk of the emulator or does the mouse work with general games on a real machine too?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Puresox on 04:30, 26 October 16
I notice that a fair few games react to the Mouse action in Winape, I really hope that you manage to Get mouse operation working spot on . The Idea of playing Wriggler(Centipede version) is something which will be superb. I am wondering if Krakout or Arkanoid works with the mouse too? Incidently is this a quirk of the emulator or does the mouse work with general games on a real machine too?
I doubt the games are written for mouse.

Two possibilities here:
- Mouse is an alternative method for joystick input
- OR Winape is probably emulating an AMX compatible mouse. AMX Mouse uses the joystick port and outputs joystick directions so it's similar to using a joystick.

There are few games that are written to be used with mice.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Puresox

SIM City seems like it may work mouse control wise

Prodatron

Are you speaking about the SYMBiFACE II PS/2 mouse emulation?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Puresox

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:52, 05 November 16
Are you speaking about the SYMBiFACE II PS/2 mouse emulation?
No , not familiar with that side of things .
My interest is regarding the AMX Mouse option in WINAPE ,and wanting it to work on some of the official AMX Supported games . But I had noticed that you can use it to a certain extent on SIM City , Wriggler(Centipede version) and other games . and I just wanted to know the official situ on the function . Hopefully Executioner can update on next WINAPE version.

Prodatron

Ah I see, I never tried this option before. The AMX mouse is doing some kind of a "joystick emulation". With this you should be able to control all software, which use the joystick for moving a pointer, but it maybe very slow with a bad responsiveness, as most software will not poll it fast enough.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Executioner

Have you tried using a real AMX mouse. Most software won't work very well unless it's written to do so. Because it uses the Joystick ports, the software needs to provide acceleration for the pointer/item being moved, unlike a PS/2 mouse which actually counts the ticks.