General Category > Emulators

CPC PC Emulator / Expansion

<< < (2/2)

eto:

--- Quote from: Gryzor on 20:27, 12 August 21 ---Pretty much the same situation as the PC "emulators" for the ST. Not really worth the hassle or the price... Interesting nonetheless!

--- End quote ---

On the ST, the emulators worked pretty well and used (except for the Supercharger) a totally different solution:

- there was the PC Ditto, a real software emulator. It was slow, indeed, but it was usable, as long as the program was not demanding.
- PC Speed, At Speed, At Once - they all basically added a X86 CPU and otherwise used the hardware of the ST: RAM, disk, graphics chip...(via some custom chips and drivers of course).

pmeier:
There is a translation of the article:PCE-II
So just enter |PC and try it out  :laugh:

Gryzor:

--- Quote from: eto on 23:55, 12 August 21 ---On the ST, the emulators worked pretty well and used (except for the Supercharger) a totally different solution:

- there was the PC Ditto, a real software emulator. It was slow, indeed, but it was usable, as long as the program was not demanding.
- PC Speed, At Speed, At Once - they all basically added a X86 CPU and otherwise used the hardware of the ST: RAM, disk, graphics chip...(via some custom chips and drivers of course).

--- End quote ---

Yes, I was talking about the hardware solutions-slow and expensive. But you could get some work done. I had also tried PC ditto, mainly to view the nude pictures that came with the disk😀

zhulien:
Still pretty cool to have one.  I guess the closest to now is the Raspberry Pi card, but at this time we don't really have any software for it.

Animalgril987:
@Gryzor Somehow, Atariamania forgot to include those images on their Ditto page :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version