News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cyberboy on Emulators

Started by AMSDOS, 02:21, 31 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

Bit of a mystery I cannot solve, I have a copy of Cyberboy which appears to be Uncompressed, which I've been playing on my CPC 6128, but twice I've tried transferring the file to a Disk Image and twice the file crashes in Winape/WinCPC & the other Windows Emulator which name escapes me. I use DOSCOPY to transfer files from a 5.25" Disk and from there I can copy from 5.25" to 3.5" which I guess is long winded, but I've transferred other files using that process without any issues, at the moment it's looking like DOSCOPY is the culprit which I could test by transferring the file back to my 6128 to see if that works, but if it works it raises the question what's happening on the emulators.

I also went back to the original AA Covertape which Cyberboy was on and interestingly enough that file works, though it's in Compressed format (to save tape space I suppose), the file I have on my Disc appears to have been uncompressed by myself due to the lack of Uncompressing to screen data at the start, but I would of thought that if it was in an uncompressed state, DOSCOPY should have no problems transferring it.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

AMSDOS

Ok it looks like the Emulators check out. It's looking more like DOSCOPY has to reserve some space on the disc and then copy it to the DOS Disk, but if there's not enough space on the Disc in question as with the case of the Disc I've got Cyberboy on, it was only copying giberish or nothing across.

Will have to start moving some of this stuff from my 3" Discs to my 5.25" Disks.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3