News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

#CPC4Rpi - Change disc

Started by villain, 20:16, 30 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

villain

How can I change the disc in #CPC4Rpi? I found out that I can reset the CPC with F5 and quit emulation with F6. But no idea how to use software that needs the disc changed...

villain

Is there anybody out there... *lalalalallaaaaa*  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: villain on 21:42, 01 December 14
lots, but possibly not that emulate a CPC on a raspberry Pi. As iscussed before Arnold is a tad slow on the Pi I am hoping arnoldEmu might get around to optimising it some day, especially with all his wonderful Cart releases (Puzznic on cart is jus heaven in a virtual 2.2inch square chassis.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

villain

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:45, 01 December 14
lots, but possibly not that emulate a CPC on a raspberry Pi. As iscussed before Arnold is a tad slow on the Pi I am hoping arnoldEmu might get around to optimising it some day, especially with all his wonderful Cart releases (Puzznic on cart is jus heaven in a virtual 2.2inch square chassis.

At a first step I watched Ecole Buissonniere and this looked and sounded quite good, so I thought I could spend a little more time with #CPC4Rpi. But changing discs is essential for an upcoming Wintergames session. :-) I really hesitate to emulate a C64 for playing Wintergames.

CraigsBar

Quote from: villain on 21:49, 01 December 14

At a first step I watched Ecole Buissonniere and this looked and sounded quite good, so I thought I could spend a little more time with #CPC4Rpi. But changing discs is essential for an upcoming Wintergames session. :-) I really hesitate to emulate a C64 for playing Wintergames.
Hmmm, Winter games. good one. That is one of the very first games I had for my CPC 464. Lemme check on my Pi  ;) , I hate to see a CPC person in distress and even worse considering a C64 :o

villain

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:52, 01 December 14
Hmmm, Winter games. good one. That is one of the very first games I had for my CPC 464. Lemme check on my Pi  ;) , I hate to see a CPC person in distress and even worse considering a C64 :o

Ah, things are moving the right way... ;-) I spent an uncountable amount of weeks of my life only with ski-jumping, and some weeks less with biathlon. Oh and several weeks with bobsled. But just a few with figure skating... :-) Even Kati Witt wasn't able to get me fascinated. 

arnoldemu

Quote from: villain on 21:42, 01 December 14
It is based on caprice. Maybe it uses the same keys?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:52, 01 December 14
Hmmm, interesting. I seem to be having the same problem.

Ooops.

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 22:28, 01 December 14
It is based on caprice. Maybe it uses the same keys?
That was what I thought.. but only F5 and F6 seem to be working (Reset and Exit)

arnoldemu

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:08, 01 December 14
That was what I thought.. but only F5 and F6 seem to be working (Reset and Exit)
Is the window manager stealing some.

One window manager uses f11 for maximize, annoys me when I'm trying to step through code in arnold's debugger :(
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:40, 02 December 14
Is the window manager stealing some.

One window manager uses f11 for maximize, annoys me when I'm trying to step through code in arnold's debugger :(
Cpc4rpi disables x11 all together to use all of those limited pi resources itself. I guess it is not a finished article yet, as a file selector would be nice.

villain

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:09, 02 December 14
Cpc4rpi disables x11 all together to use all of those limited pi resources itself. I guess it is not a finished article yet, as a file selector would be nice.

Everything looks like that it will remain unfinished (last release from 2013...). So there es is still a need for really complete CPC emulation on the Pi. Meanwhile I will have to continue playing SNES and Megadrive games.

big V

Damnit.... I'm using RetroPie v2.3 and with the CPC4Rpi I've only managed to run" 1 game, 1 time.

When I now start the cpc4rpi emulator, I get the Amstrad screen, but when I type "cat" it says "drive a: disc missing".

Does anybody know what is wrong or how to fix this? (pressing F5-reset didn't work, F8 isn't working).

I really can't figure out why it only worked once.... didn't make changes or anything.

Kind regards,

KaosOverride

For the last version of Caprice you have to code your own file manager to retieve a DSK filename and use the internal functions to "load into the emulation".

I now it because I had to code it for my Caprice port to GP2x console.

The cpc2rpi is just the Caprice, with support to scaler videomodes and a cutdown at the Fx keys so only F5 and F6 works

I have succesfully compiled my old GP2x port at the Rasp Pi 2, but it works at 320x240 in windowed X11. I'm looking at the dispmanx scaler to make it work at the Rasp Pi console. it's command line compatible with Caprice, also with cpc2rpi, so it can be a drop in replacement in a future. Because of the GP2x nature, the file and options menu can be navigated throught joystick and cursor keys, and gives access to also .CDT and .SNA access, change the amount of memory and model ROMs. Great for a Rasp into an arcade cabinet, only joystick controls   
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

KaosOverride

You need this at your Pi 2 

Just give me some days to remove some GP2x code and it should be ready for serious use. Also I have to try to make the custom SDL lib static to the exe, and also integrate the gui images and rom files into the code to just have a monolitic unique exe file.... 
KaosOverride · GitHub

ZbyniuR

Raspberry Pi cost so little. I start think best and cheapest way to have CPC which look like real CPC, working like real CPC and have few extra things like more memory, better sound, faster loading, turbo mode and sprites from CPC+ is buy broken CPC take out original PCB put in Raspberry Pi with CPC emulator, set to look like normal CPC.  Oh yeah!

Without original chip, without FPGA, and you can running on this lots of other retro emulators, and modern film player, internet browser and some kind OpenOffice. And all of thise in your favorite case. What you need more? :)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

TFM

A real CPC with all that features. And we're getting there.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 00:10, 09 March 15
Raspberry Pi cost so little. I start think best and cheapest way to have CPC which look like real CPC, working like real CPC and have few extra things like more memory, better sound, faster loading, turbo mode and sprites from CPC+ is buy broken CPC take out original PCB put in Raspberry Pi with CPC emulator, set to look like normal CPC.  Oh yeah!

Without original chip, without FPGA, and you can running on this lots of other retro emulators, and modern film player, internet browser and some kind OpenOffice. And all of thise in your favorite case. What you need more? :)

The only drawback that none of these solutions offer is that you can't connect real CPC hardware. If one of them offers the real ports I'll take one. Someone needs to design a USB "CPC Port Replicator", that could be used on any system with a USB port.

Bryce.

ZbyniuR

I think to connect original monitor and FDD could be possible.
But other?  Who cares?  Rest could be emulated. :)

Bryce

Emulating hardware isn't the same. If I want to connect a real AMDrum or a DKTronics Speech Synth then I need real ports. If everything is emulated, then I may as well be running it on a normal PC.

Bryce.

ZbyniuR

PC doesn't have a keyboard from a real CPC, and don't look like CPC.
I see you don't like it, but for me, something like that is dream machine. :)

Bryce

No I fully understand you wanting the real keyboard etc, I also only use real CPCs, no emulators. But I think that if you are going to make a piece of hardware that goes beyond what an emulator does on a PC, then you should go the whole way and include real ports.

Bryce.

KaosOverride

The one-chip MSX has a real cartdrige port, and Atari like Joystick ports :)

KaosOverride · GitHub

sylvanor

Quote from: big V on 23:24, 28 December 14
Damnit.... I'm using RetroPie v2.3 and with the CPC4Rpi I've only managed to run" 1 game, 1 time.

When I now start the cpc4rpi emulator, I get the Amstrad screen, but when I type "cat" it says "drive a: disc missing".

Does anybody know what is wrong or how to fix this? (pressing F5-reset didn't work, F8 isn't working).

I really can't figure out why it only worked once.... didn't make changes or anything.

Kind regards,

Hi,

I have the same problem,  when I type "cat" it always says "drive a: disc missing". I tried with several rom .dsk without success.

Is anyone have the solution ?

KaosOverride

Does the DSK filename have spaces?
KaosOverride · GitHub