News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Phi2x

Phi2x

nurgle

Very nice. You must be a masochist to do this in Javascript.  ;)

If you add sound, this thing will actually become useful. I only get a Framerate ~20 fps right now, but my PC is a few years old. So performance should not be a big issue in the future.

Btw.: I just played Bombjack, and although I know there is no sound I swear I could hear all the sound effects I know very very faint. I even turned the volume nob on my speakers to reassure me that it is just my imagination. The human mind is a strange thing.  :)

Gryzor

I was really wondering how come there were no replies in this thread, but didn't have the time to post...

Anyhow, this is a great exercise that shows lots of promise. Of course a few things are needed, like sound, more speed, more compatibility, maybe gfx filters if possible (probably not), but it's really something!!! Well done!

Gryzor

Heheheh I went to add it to the wiki's homepage and it's already there... :)

Alco

Quote from: nurgle on 23:08, 13 September 10
Btw.: I just played Bombjack, and although I know there is no sound I swear I could hear all the sound effects I know very very faint. I even turned the volume nob on my speakers to reassure me that it is just my imagination. The human mind is a strange thing.  :)

You're suffering from Proustian memory.

http://www.haverford.edu/psych/ddavis/p109g/proust.html

Keep playing! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.amstradcpc.com/blog
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmstradCpcCom
https://retrojen.org/pano
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gryzor

nurgle

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:30, 15 September 10
That was a great one...

Yes. Read through it all the way. Very good links.

Phi2x

TFM

I got a $4000 Laptop, and that CPC in a Java Box tells me that it won't run with my browser... So, which browser is the browser of choice to use it?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

mahlemiut

I get ~7fps.  It recommends Chrome 6 or later (I'm using Firefox 3.6.10, under Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64, CPU is a 2.53GHz C2D E7200).

Reminds me of MAME running Naomi games...  ;)
- Barry Rodewald

Phi2x

TFM

Quote from: TFM/FS on 03:54, 04 October 10
I got a $4000 Laptop, and that CPC in a Java Box tells me that it won't run with my browser... So, which browser is the browser of choice to use it?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dragon

Not work in playstation 3 webbrowser  :(

(is netfront 3.5)

TFM

Quote from: phi2x on 07:49, 05 October 10
Are you dumb or something ?
It's clearly stated on the website.

Thank you for your extraordinary kind help  :D
TFM of FutureSoft

Xyphoe

Quote from: phi2x on 07:49, 05 October 10
Are you dumb or something ?
It's clearly stated on the website.

Yea that was a bit snappy and rude ... no need for that dude - people just want to try your stuff. We all appreciate any hard work done for the CPC scene, so chill out  :police:

TFM - It's using the new HTML5 standard for it's clever stuff, only some browsers will work 'properly' with this and other HTML5 based bits and bobs. The latest version of Google Chrome will do the trick. Running the site in Firefox on a very high end PC will still end up with stutter.

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

remax

You only surf with your integrated browser?  :D
Brain Radioactivity

Devilmarkus

Quote from: remax on 12:42, 06 October 10
You only surf with your integrated browser?  :D

Pssssssssssssssssst....  :P
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

andycadley

Oddly, it seems to think IE9 doesn't support Javascript 1.5, which I'm pretty sure it does. Maybe some of the detection logic is not quite right?

Phi2x

TFM

Quote from: Xyphoe on 05:14, 06 October 10
TFM - It's using the new HTML5 standard for it's clever stuff, only some browsers will work 'properly' with this and other HTML5 based bits and bobs. The latest version of Google Chrome will do the trick. Running the site in Firefox on a very high end PC will still end up with stutter.

Ok, thank's a lot for the info. Will install Chrome and see what happens then.
Now, I also found the information onto his site, but who expects that you have to scroll down an empty page (that is displayed when using IE). You just see an error message on top of the screen, 90% below is just empty, then you scroll down a long way (depending on monitor and resolution) to find at the very bottom in small letters some message about Chrome 6+. The designer of that site should be sued  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Phi2x

TFM

It doesn't matter if you have to scroll _much_. What matters is that you have to scroll, and nobody expects that. So you can't get the information easiely, just by looking at it.
If I ask then which browser would be good, you insult me instead of answering me "Take Chrome". What kind of guy are you???

But I had now a closer look at it (Quad Core, 3.8 GHz) and I only can tell you it's soooooo slow! It crashes more often and IMHO it's a piece of filty crap.
It's quality is as good as the "nice character" of it's producer. You better go back in your box and overwork it _completely_. And if you ever come back with something usable, then please _before_ also overwork your manners - they really need it!
TFM of FutureSoft