News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

Quote from: MaV on 12:45, 16 June 11
You - of course - know what kurva means in Polish.  :laugh:

Sure... you don't?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Devilmarkus

Well, let's go back to topic ;)
I just was sure, also if phi2x would explain, what and how he does this, Gryzor, me, and all others still would not understand what he is talking about.
So also a pseudo-explanation would do ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

redbox

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 12:43, 16 June 11
Simple: He will embed 3 Polish people (For each AY channel 1).

You must be... German  :)

Phi2x

Gryzor

Phi2x

Gryzor

Phi2x

Gryzor

Oh no, I really dislike FF now... :(

Linusmag

Great News for online CPC Gamers like I am. :-) Thanks a lot Phi2x

Phi2x

Gryzor

On my FF 4.0.1, apart from being very slow compared to Chrome, it's still mute...??

Phi2x

Gryzor

Hm; I've got an ancient ATI 1600 with 512MB (only reason is because it doesn't need a fan... it's usually more than enough for everything save modern games) and I enabled webgl and still get 28-32fps on my quad Athlon II X4 @2.9GHz. So sound sounds awful, too, but hey, it works!!

FF5 works even slower, at 25fps :(

And yes, I had unmuted sound, don't know why it didn't work before :p

Phi2x

mahlemiut

35-38fps here, a few more if sound is disabled.  (2.53GHz C2D E7200, GeForce 8600GT, Firefox 4.0.1, Ubuntu 10.04).  Sound works, but is stop-start (probably since it's not running at 50fps).
- Barry Rodewald

McKlain

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:37, 21 June 11
Hm; I've got an ancient ATI 1600 with 512MB (only reason is because it doesn't need a fan... it's usually more than enough for everything save modern games) and I enabled webgl and still get 28-32fps on my quad Athlon II X4 @2.9GHz. So sound sounds awful, too, but hey, it works!!

FF5 works even slower, at 25fps :(

And yes, I had unmuted sound, don't know why it didn't work before :p

I have a Pentium Dual Core E6500 and an Ati HD4650 and I get about 38fps with stuttering audio in FF4. In Chrome I can't unmute the sound  ::)

I use Windows 7 64bits.

Phi2x

McKlain

I tried the emulator with FF hardware acceleration on. Normally I have it disabled cause it screws up the fonts rendering and I need them to work ok to do web design.

I was playing a few demos, DTC, Ecole... etc. While I was testing the emulator I was looking at 2 performance monitors that I use (one for the cpu, another one for the gpu). On the cpu, one of the cores was getting about 50-60% load, the other one about 80%, and the gpu only about 20%. The audio was still stuttering and the performance was moving between 36-43fps

Linusmag

Dont' Bother Phi2x,  it is an excellent Work ! And really i like it (result and coding).

It works well on my Cpu with sound 45~50fps (laptop core duo T9400 2.53ghz) with FireFox 5.0 and Nvidia 275.33 Drivers.

Thanks again for online CPC Gamers. ;)

(Fr: Encore Merci d'un codeur qui apprécie pleinement les efforts réalisés et le résultat final)

Gryzor

Oh god. I'm getting about 6fps with that test. Also, although I just installed the last drivers ATI released for my card, inf FF it reads: GPU Accelerated Windows:0/1.
Also:
Direct2D Enabled: Blocked on your graphics driver. Try updating your graphics driver to version 10.6 or newer.
DirectWrite Enabled: false (6.1.7601.17563, font cache n/a)

Wtf, do I need a new video card to run the web now? Crap...

McKlain

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:42, 22 June 11
Oh god. I'm getting about 6fps with that test. Also, although I just installed the last drivers ATI released for my card, inf FF it reads: GPU Accelerated Windows:0/1.
Also:
Direct2D Enabled: Blocked on your graphics driver. Try updating your graphics driver to version 10.6 or newer.
DirectWrite Enabled: false (6.1.7601.17563, font cache n/a)

Wtf, do I need a new video card to run the web now? Crap...

Wich version of windows do you use?

By the way, that IE test runs fast as hell on IE, but slower on FF5 and reaaaally slow on Chrome. I've seen HTML5 and WebGL demos on Chrome running pretty fast.

Gryzor

Win7 64bit. In IE9 I get 8 fps (yeah!) and with the ticking sound as well.

Now, Canary on the other hand (14.0.798.0) manages... 60fps!!!! So there must be something really wrong with the implementation...

McKlain

Strange indeed. I've just realized that I haven't tested the emu on my other computer. It has a Geforce GTX560Ti, maybe nVidia performs better.

Gryzor

Weird indeed. I'm tempted to get a new-ish card, but then again forking out €60 or €70 just to try online emulators seems a tad high... :(