News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Phi2x

Phi2x

Phi2x

robcfg

Doesn't the CPC have a luminance pin in the din video connector for the monochrome signal?

Phi2x

Phi2x

Phi2x

Gryzor

Quote from: phi2x on 01:30, 08 August 12
Did you ever wonder why CPCBox runs so slowly on Chrome?
Yeah, me too...

Look what I found: CPCBox - Tiny JS benchmark
:o

Ouch! Opera 12 reports 65 calls/sec on my office PC while Chrome 21 only 5!

Bryce

Firefox 14 on win7 is reporting 74 calls per second. I wouldn't even consider installing Chrome just to find out what it gets.

Bryce.

ralferoo

I got 89 calls per second. I was going to moan about how pathetically low that number seems given the work it's actually doing, but it looks like my PC is faster than most!

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Phi2x

Wondermac

Phi2x do you think it could be possible to adapt cpcbox to run on an iphone and ipad ?
Can you imagine having this great computer in your pocket ?
There is actually no cpc emulator on iphone and maybe you are the guy who could do that ?
Thank you for your great work

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 13:49, 08 August 12
Firefox 14 on win7 is reporting 74 calls per second. I wouldn't even consider installing Chrome just to find out what it gets.
Chrome gives me 4 calls/sec.

Explorer is 1 call/sec

And Firefox 15 (installed just now) gives:.... changing numbers, 98 at the beginning, then between 60 and 80. The mean is around 72 calls/sec.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

4 calls/sec??? What's it running on, A C64? :D

Bryce.

Phi2x

Wondermac

Ok you are right. I ve made a test with chrome for ios but same as safari : it does not work :-(

ralferoo

Quote from: phi2x on 08:42, 04 September 12
There's no CPC emulator on iphone because that goes against Apple policy.
Apple forbids and rejects any app that is submitted to them that contains a VM that can execute arbitrary code.  :(
I don't have iphone / ipad etc so I'm not 100% sure, but I think I read that this rule has been unofficially dropped and there's suddenly a plethora of VM type things, including development environments for interpreted languages.

But I guess, emulators are still probably in the area they want to discourage because people playing free games on an emulator aren't buying games on the app store...

Mario

After upgrading to ios 6 cpcbox works ! But i can.t play on it as it doesn't support touch control. I guess it'll work with Bluetooth keyboard ? Or maybe you could implement some kind of on screen joystick ?

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:29, 03 September 12
4 calls/sec??? What's it running on, A C64? :D

Bryce.
On a $4000 laptop (3.6 Ghz) with Windows 7. Not FutureOS!  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

Phi2x

TFM

Well, my job keeps me pretty busy, so no time for pranks. But look up a Dell XPS M1730 (blue version), you shall find it in the net.  :)
Like this: http://cocmall.com/pic/08101455610.jpg

And OMG! It's cheaper now!
TFM of FutureSoft

Phi2x

McKlain