News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

I have to say I really like CPCBox - it's nice to use the same emulator regardless of the computer I'm sat at at the time. My only gripe is the default AZERTY keyboard, which confused the hell out of me for the first few times I used it. Is there an option to switch to QWERTY? If not, is that a planned update for the future?

Phi2x

redbox

Quote from: phi2x on 07:32, 24 October 13
In the next CPCBox release I'm working on,  I've overhauled the keyboard handling to fix the issue.

The current version works on my iPhone (with Safari) at about 25fps which is impressive.

However, there is no sound and I can't control the keyboard.  Any plans to update these factors for Safari?

Would be great if you could - who needs an App (and all of Apples meglo-mania control mechanisms) when it works in a browser  ;)

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: redbox on 11:57, 24 October 13
The current version works on my iPhone (with Safari) at about 25fps which is impressive.

However, there is no sound and I can't control the keyboard.  Any plans to update these factors for Safari?

Would be great if you could - who needs an App (and all of Apples meglo-mania control mechanisms) when it works in a browser  ;)

Oooh, a virtual keyboard displayed under the screen would be a cool way of dealing with the keyboard-on-phones issue. Add in cloud/Dropbox support and you could use the disk drive/tape deck with files stored on the phone, too...

Phi2x

Phi2x

ralferoo

Quote from: phi2x on 07:32, 24 October 13
Yes, I'm aware it's a big downside at the moment.
In the next CPCBox release I'm working on,  I've overhauled the keyboard handling to fix the issue.
I just tried using CPCBox to test some tape functionality (that's another matter) and found I couldn't even try CPCBox with my own tape at all... Why?

Well, choosing the 464 configuration with a tape player lets me select my tape image, but I can't RUN" because there's an AMSDOS ROM loaded and I can't switch to tape mode because I can't type | nor it seems any punctuation apart from a comma.

Is there a workaround?

Phi2x

dragon

i try it in ps4 web browser, and it works,but control keys are bad mapped. Is possible fix it?

Phi2x

TFM

Well, except you everybody is a newcomer. So you did well including that.  :)

When creating a own product it's hard to write good docs, because one knows everything about it and it's hard to imagine the questions of newbies.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

Phi2x

robcfg

On my machine chrome gets 250ms per frame. That's 4 frames per second... Hmmm, yes, that's crap.

TFM

192 here. But the computer is couple years old.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

Gryzor

300ms Opera Chromium and Chrome, 550ms FF, 350 IE. Pffft!

Lone

I think WebGl and asm.js offer some shortcut to avoid lots of layers of code. Also, modern computer developpement focus on "good code that can be maintain",  despite of "fast code"

Since I found that modern OS and CPU don't allow self modifying code, I'm like you, I lost my illusions...

PS : 130 ms on chrome (bu with a nice core I7 CPU)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Thanks for putting in the English keyboard option.

Please note that on UK keyboards the " and @ are swapped from the US keyboard, so in CPC Box the "{" is showing up for shift-2, and the quote for shift-' (to the right of ;).

There might be other similar issues.

Chrome gave me around 125ms here, on my fast work PC in Linux.

Phi2x

Phi2x

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Phi2x

Gryzor

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft