News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by Phi2x, 18:49, 09 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Phi2x

Gryzor

Phi2x

TFM

Haha. Not me. But lot's of people use it. So it's great to see, that it works now.

My browser is called FutureScape and will be releases at June 15. in the year of 3834.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

TFM

Well, in this case take a break and do something else for couple days. That always helped me.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Phi2x

andycadley

Finally got round to trying this on my Surface 2 and it works! :-)

Gets about 15fps and I can't do much since I don't have the keyboard plugged in (too lazy to go find where I put it!) but it's still pretty damn cool to see. Shame about the audio stuff but that's the web for you I guess!

nitrofurano

i didn't test it with cpc+ palette and gx4000 .cpr or .rom files yet - would it work?

mr_lou

Quote from: phi2x on 19:39, 21 August 14This time it's official! Mozilla completely removed the Audio Data API from Firefox :'(

As far as I understand, the Web Audio API is going to be a standard.
So that's probably why they deprecated their own API, and now completely removed it.
You're going to have to dig into Web Audio API if you want sound back.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Web Audio API stuff. It looks like the old MOD and XM music files might gain new life again in HTML5 games because of Web Audio API. That's good news for composers using IndieGameMusic.com  :)

Devilmarkus

Seems that there is no more audio available in CPCBox.
Doesnt work for me in Firefox and also no audio in Chrome.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Phi2x

robcfg

As with most things in life, the next time you do a program, you do it better because of the lessons you learned before. To do it better takes time and effort, but it's worth it.

The real problem is finding the time to do it  ;D

Btw, on my new MacBook Pro, CPCBox on Chrome runs at 45 fps, pretty playable. Keep up the good work!

TFM

Quote from: phi2x on 20:12, 28 January 15
That's because CPCBox uses the obsoleted Audio Data API for sound output.
Audio actually still works in CPCBox if you use an older Firefox release (up to FireFox 27).
I'm still working on the next generation of CPCBox at the moment, so all hope is not lost ;)

Well, I'm curious how much time (in percent please 8) ) you have to waste just because browsers constantly update things and stop to support things. That must be a real pain in the a... .
TFM of FutureSoft

Phi2x

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

greatxerox

i added cpc box in Emufrance. it's really a very good emulator for browsers !

i hope you'll update the sound engine. (no sound in Opera 27)

Phi2x

Gryzor

That's nice news. Apart from accuracy, what else do you envision for the next version?

By the way: is there any way to associate a dsk file, say, with an online emulator? I think maybe a small program that would launch the browser, open the page and pass the file path would be possible...?

Phi2x

trabitboy

I was looking into running cpc box on firefox android and it seems to work fine ,
apart from keyboard input using touch screen ( I'll try an OTG keyboard this week )

It is pretty easy to run a local js application with firefox for android .
It really could be a solution for cpc emu on android .

Is there a github to check the source of cpc box ?  ( can't find anything with google )
I just want to hack something in js to pass the text input from touch in the emu.

Phi2x

trabitboy

ok , sorry for not reading the thread properly.   ;)   My mistake.

trabitboy

out of curiosity, is it an emscriptem port of something?  8)

Phi2x