Author Topic: CPCEC a new emulator from cngsoft  (Read 17164 times)

Offline tjohnson

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 274
  • Likes Given: 238
Re: CPCEC a new emulator from cngsoft
« Reply #100 on: 01:10, 22 October 20 »
I have a usb pad type controller, is it possible to use it on this emulator?

Offline Skunkfish

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Editor of Colour Personal Computing
    • CPCSTORE.CO.UK - Dedicated to the Amstrad CPC
  • Liked: 436
  • Likes Given: 1123
« Reply #101 on: 17:43, 22 October 20 »
I just hooked up a gamepad to test and it seemed fine (two of the 6 buttons got recognised as X & Z), although there's nothing really in the way of settings.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 3 of CPC Fanzine!)

Offline tjohnson

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #102 on: 19:21, 22 October 20 »
@Skunkfish did you have to configure anything in the emulator to make the pad work?

Offline Skunkfish

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Editor of Colour Personal Computing
    • CPCSTORE.CO.UK - Dedicated to the Amstrad CPC
  • Liked: 436
  • Likes Given: 1123
« Reply #103 on: 23:56, 22 October 20 »
Nope, just plug and play...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 3 of CPC Fanzine!)

Offline cngsoft

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 662
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #104 on: 02:08, 23 October 20 »
Following the previous talk about disc write protections, and after noticing that the recently added mouse support for SDL2 lacked wheel scrolling, I made a new minor release:

20201022 -- minor patch adding mouse wheel support to the SDL2 user interface and an option to set whether disc write conflicts in CPCEC and ZXSEC are strict (they raise errors) or relaxed (they do nothing).

The choice of disc write error mode is saved in the configuration file and sticks between sessions. By the way, and since we're speaking about things that the user can see (or cannot), Norecess' recent (and spectacular!) experiments with CPCEC's interfaces (both user and debugger) are making me ponder the convenience of further separating machine emulation and user interaction for the sake of "hackability" and extensibility.

@tjohnson : the joystick configuration is up to the operating system, I merely ask either the Windows API or the SDL2 library to tell me which joysticks are available and I choose the first one that is active.

EDIT: extremely small update 20201024 -- minor patch solving a problem in the SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED event, inverting the black/white bits in ZXSEC's graphics viewer and pointing CPCEC's viewer at RAM rather than ROM.
« Last Edit: 00:36, 26 October 20 by cngsoft »
(if you can't see the banner right now my server is currently offline)

Offline cpcitor

• The user previously known as FindYWay
  • CPC6128
  • My heart still runs on traditional CPC.
    • My code for the CPC.
  • Liked: 148
  • Likes Given: 370
« Reply #105 on: 12:48, 08 November 20 »
Following the previous talk about disc write protections, and after noticing that the recently added mouse support for SDL2 lacked wheel scrolling, I made a new minor release:

20201022 -- minor patch adding mouse wheel support to the SDL2 user interface and an option to set whether disc write conflicts in CPCEC and ZXSEC are strict (they raise errors) or relaxed (they do nothing).
(...)
EDIT: extremely small update 20201024 -- minor patch solving a problem in the SDL_WINDOWEVENT_EXPOSED event, inverting the black/white bits in ZXSEC's graphics viewer and pointing CPCEC's viewer at RAM rather than ROM.

Thanks again cngsoft for the new releases!

For the people who prefer to get code and updates via git, I updated again the repo on https://github.com/cpcitor/cpcec with each new release.

To get code first time:

Code: [Select]
git clone https://github.com/cpcitor/cpcec
To update:

Code: [Select]
git fetch ; git rebase
Had a CPC since 1985, currently software dev professional, including embedded systems.

I made the first CPC cross-dev environment that auto-installs C compiler and tools: cpc-dev-tool-chain: a portable toolchain for C/ASM development targetting CPC.

Offline tjohnson

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
« Reply #106 on: 13:10, 08 November 20 »
@tjohnson : the joystick configuration is up to the operating system, I merely ask either the Windows API or the SDL2 library to tell me which joysticks are available and I choose the first one that is active.
Not sure what happened 1st time but my gamepad works fine now, it's just like playing on a GX4000